Problem converting excel to image and PDF

Hi all,
I'm converting the file "FOP-07-008.xlsx" to image (jpeg extension), but the conversion of the flowchart is not the best "page0.jpeg", even becoming the same excel file to PDF (FOP-07-008.pdf).

I attach a zip with the files mentioned.

Our version is 8.3.0 of Aspose.Cells.

Best Regards.
Martin Fernandez
Senior Java Developer

Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We have evaluated your presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.3.0.4, and we have noticed the problem of incorrect rendering of the flow chart when worksheet is rendered to image format. The problem has been logged in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSJAVA-41121 for further investigation & correction purposes. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix at earliest possible. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Test Code:

Workbook book = new Workbook(“d:/TEMP/FOP-07-008.xlsx”);
ImageOrPrintOptions options = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
options.setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getJpeg());
SheetRender render = new SheetRender(book.getWorksheets().get(0), options);
render.toImage(0, “D:/output.jpg”);

Hi Babar, thank you for you quick response.

I used that code also.

Please, could you let me know any news.

Best Regards
Martin Fernandez
Senior Java Developer

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have just logged your issue in our database a hour ago. Please spare us some time a week at least. We will try to fix this issue in this time span. Once, your issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap by posting in this thread.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your patience with us.

We have investigated the problem logged under the ticket CELLSJAVA-41121, and have noticed a few problems in the API that we will try to fix with the upcoming revision of Aspose.Cells for Java API. In the meanwhile, you can get better results by setting the resolution of the resultant image as demonstrated below.

Java

Workbook book = new Workbook(“d:/FOP-07-008.xlsx”);
ImageOrPrintOptions options = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
options.setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getJpeg());
options.setHorizontalResolution(600);
options.setVerticalResolution(600);
SheetRender render = new SheetRender(book.getWorksheets().get(0), options);
render.toImage(0, “D:/output.jpg”);

Hi Babar,
thank you for your quick response, I'll try that code to see the results, and also I wait the resolution of the issue.

Best regards.
Martin Fernandez

Hi Martin,

Sure, we will keep you posted with updates on the ticket CELLSJAVA-41121. Please note, the aforesaid ticket is currently in analysis phase, and as soon as we have completed the analysis, we will notify you here with the estimated release schedule for the fix.

Thank you for your patience with us.

@javicorvi
Hi,
I am glad to inform you that the issue with the ID CELLSJAVA-41121 has been resolved. The fix will be included in Aspose.Cells for .Net 21.7.
Please notice the team has prepared a hotfix, so you do not have to wait for the official release. Kindly test the project with the hotfix attached to this post and let us know about the results.
Best regards,
aspose-cells-21.6.2-java.zip (7.3 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41121) have been fixed in this update.