Problem converting MSG file to RTF

Hi,

This is a forward of the original post at Problems converting MSG files to PDF - Free Support Forum - aspose.com 1.

I’m facing problems converting some MSG files (see attachment). I’m getting an exception of type PleaseReportException.

The example code in order to simulate the error is the following:

MapiMessage msg = MapiMessage.FromFile(@"Test157\email1.msg");
using (FileStream rtfStream = new FileStream(@"Test157\out.rtf", FileMode.Create))
{
    // Write RTF content to the stream
    TextWriter tw = new StreamWriter(rtfStream);
    tw.Write(msg.BodyRtf);
    tw.Flush();
}

I’m using Aspose.Network 4.5.0.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

The code above works fine (without exception) with the latest version 4.7, however, still there is problem in embedded images conversion from msg to rtf. Only text is currently converted. It's a known issue and we are working on it.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Any idea when the problem with embedded images will be fixed?

Hi,

Unfortunately, it cannot be solved in a short time due to some complexities. We will post here when the bug is fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7774) have been fixed in [this update ](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry220477.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)