I am using the following code to convert a MS Word document to PDF:

Document doc = new Document(docFile);
string varFile = docFile;
string pdfFile = docFile;
pdfFile = pdfFile.ToUpper();
pdfFile = pdfFile.Replace(".DOC", “.PDF”);
string varOutput = pdfFile;
doc.Save(varOutput, SaveFormat.Pdf);

It works and converts the MS Word doc to PDF but there are some problems in PDF file. Pages are broken and page numbers are pushed to the left. There is no space between pages and each page is shifted up and attached to the previous page. (I mean there is no gap between pages in converted PDF file).

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and regards,

Siamak Shirzad

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input and output documents here? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

Attached please find the MS Word and the converted PDF file.

Thanks,

Siamak

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. The problem occurs because you are using floating table in your document. Currently, Aspose.Words does not support floating table positioning. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

As a workaround, you can try refactoring your document.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Thank you very much for you reply. Actually, as you mentioned, I changed the float table in the second page and it fixed the problem, but still there are couple of problems.

I have attached MS Word doc and the converted pdf for your review.

As I mentioned in my first email, the page numbers are pushed to the left in each page. Also as you see in the attached pdf file, page 11 is shifted down and as the result, the last table in page 11, is devided to 2 parts and a part of that is moved to the top of page 12 (Standby Power and Notes) and also the inclusion of an additional blank page at the end of PDF document.

Also there are some diagonal line in each page of PDF file. It’s not a seroius problem because I printed the PDF and there was no digonal line, but if you fix it that would be great.

If you compare the attached MS Word doc and the attached PDF file, you will notice what I am talking about.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and regards,

Siamak

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. Page numbers are moved left because, in your document, page numbers are inserted into text frames. At the moment, Aspose.Words does not fully support positioning of text frames. I linked your request to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

2. I managed to reproduce the problem with the extra empty page on m y side. As a workaround, you can try removed unnecessary empty paragraphs from the end of your document.

3. The problem with diagonal lines occurs because there is WordArt watermark in the header of your Word document. At the moment, Aspose.Words does not support rendering of WordArt shapes. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned in my last email, one of the problem is for shifting some pages down. As an example if you take a look to page 11 and 12 in PDF file and compare it with the same pages in the MS Word document, you will notice that. Because pages are shifted down (staring from page 7) as the rsult in page 11, the table is broken and a part of the last table in page 11 is moved to page 12. Also the balnk page is the result of these shifts in the previuos pages, so it impossible to get rid of the extra blank pages in MS Word before it is converted to PDF because those blank pages is not being created yet.

By the way, do you have any other product for MS Word to PDF conversion that works better?

Look forward to heaing from you.

Thanks and regards,

Siamak

Hi Andrey,

I fixed the probelm for pages in MS Word as you mentioned in your reply and it fixed the problem for blank pages. So please discard my last email.

Regards,

Siamak

Hi

It is perfect, that you already resolved the problem. If you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Hi,

I’m following up with you regarding float table and page numbers in a text frame in MS Word documents. Despite we got rid of float tables and changed the Pages in text frames which sovled the problem for the new documents which are generated by the system from our modified MS Word templates, but for our exisiting MS Word documents that are already generated and there are several hundreds of them which are not converted to PDF yet, we will have problem.

So, we would be pleased of you take this issues in to higher priority.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Siamak Shirzad

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. The issues already have the highest priority. But both of them are very complicated, so it can take some time to resolve them. You will be notified once they are resolved.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7114) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)

Hi,

Thanks for your notification regarding the fixes for the PDF converter. I installed the new version but we are still having problem. I have attached a sample MS Word document and it’s converted PDF file. As you see starting from Page 9, the page is shifted up and from that page all the remaining pages are shifted as well.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and regards,

Siamak Shirzad

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. In this version of Aspose.Words only problem with watermark has been fixed. Regarding other problems with your document, you will be notified as soon as these problems are fixed.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Just wanted to follow up with you regarding the required fixes for Word to PDF conveter. Have you addressed those issues?

Our client is very concern about this. We would be pleased if you let us know the status of the fix for this.

Also, as a feedback, your products are great and I as a programmer really like them. Very easy to use and well documented along with a good customer and technical support,

Thanks and regards,

Siamak Shirzad

Hi

Thanks for your request. Here are statuses of the issues reported in this thread:

1. Positioning of floating tables – the issue is unresolved yet.
  2. Rendeiring of WordArt shapes – the issue is already resolved in the current version of Aspos.Words (8.0.0)
  3. Positioning of Text Frames – the issue will be resolved at the beginning of the next year.
  4. Extra page is added upon converting document to PDF – the issue is still unresolved.

I will let you know once there is something new regarding these issues.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8182) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(74)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11005) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1940;WORDSNET-2219) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.