Problem Converting PPT to PDF with image on master page with .NET

I have a PPT with a master page that contains an image object. Using Aspose.Slides, I save the PPT to PDF.
Then, using Aspose.PDF, I print the PDF. In the resulting output, the image is not visible, but the rest of the master page is rendered properly.

If I load the above PDF into Adobe Acrobat Reader (or any other PDF reader) then the image is shown. If I print from Adobe Reader, the output includes the image.

If I load the PPT in PowerPoint and save it to a PDF, then print it using Aspose.PDF, then I see the image on the page.

Given the above observation, it seems that the Aspose.Slides save-to-PDF function is producing a PDF file that the Aspose.PDF print function does not process properly (but that other software does process properly).

I had been using an older version, but it is still happening when testing with Aspose.Slides 18.9 and Aspose.PDF 18.10. I am using Aspose.NET DLL’s.

I have reduced the source PPT down to one page, and it still happens.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

Here is what the page is supposed to look like: PDF Document_53.jpg (379.8 KB)
Here is what it actually looks like when printed via Aspose.PDF: PDF Document_55.jpg (1.2 MB)

@conradherrmann

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share source presentation and generated PDF file along with narrowed down code snippet so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment.

This is a ZIP file containing the PPT that is the source file.lect15_cloud_page_1.zip (123.5 KB)

This is the PDF produced by Aspose.Slides lect15_cloud_page_1.pdf (60.4 KB)

Here is a rough idea of the code (inDocument and bytesOut are byte arrays containing the files’ data):

MemoryStream inStreamPpt = new MemoryStream(inDocument);
Presentation pres = new Presentation(inStreamPpt);
MemoryStream outStreamPpt = new MemoryStream();
pres.Save(outStreamPpt, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf );
bytesOut = outStreamPpt.ToArray();

We then rotate the pages in the PDF so they print on Portrait paper:lect15_cloud_page_1_rotated.pdf (66.0 KB)

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfPageEditor pEdit = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfPageEditor();
        MemoryStream inStream = new MemoryStream(inBytes);
        pEdit.BindPdf(inStream);
        pEdit.Rotation = 90;
        pEdit.Save(outStream);
        outBytes = outStream.ToArray();

Then we print the PDF with Aspose.PDF:

Aspose.Pdf.Document document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(fileName);
    Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer pdfViewer = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer();
    pdfViewer.BindPdf(document);
    pdfViewer.AutoResize = true;         //print the file with adjusted size
    pdfViewer.AutoRotate = true;
    PageSettings pgs = new PageSettings();
    pgs.Margins = new Margins(0, 0, 0, 0);
    // we set different settings in here
    pdfViewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(pgs, printerSettings);                   

Thanks!
Conrad

@conradherrmann

Thank you for sharing requested data.

We have been able to reproduce the issue in our environment. A ticket with ID PDFNET-45529 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Farhan,

I know I submitted this via the Free Support system, but it turns out my company has a support subscription, so I would like to figure out how this can help expedite the timeline.

Could you contact me directly via email and I can pass on the details?

Thanks,
Conrad

@conradherrmann

Please request at Paid Support Helpdesk to raise the priority of PDFNET-45529, if you are subscribed to Paid Support. In case of any problem while posting escalation request, you can get assistance in Purchase Forum.