Problem - DOC to PDF conversion gives large file size and small image size or no image

I am using Aspose.Words version 3.6.1.0 and Aspose.PDF version 3.1.1.0 to convert a user's Word DOC to PDF (we do not generate the DOC file using Aspose.Words). The images in the PDF are really small and unreadable and in some cases I don't even see the image. I have also noticed the PDF file is much larger than the DOC file.

Please let me know when you can have a fix for the image size being too small after conversion or if there is a workaround. We need a solution to convert correctly asap. I can email the documents to you as they contain sensitive data if I can get an email address.

Thanks,

Brian Landers

Thanks for considering Apose.

Please send the resources to us, including word document and codes which can reproduce the same error.

We will reply to you after we find out reasons ASAP.

Dear Brian,

EMF image is not supported natively in Aspose.Pdf. We have to convert it into bitmap which makes the file size become large. Although I can resolve the image size problem, the file size becomes larger than before. We have planed to support EMF natively but I don't think we can finish this task in short time. I will try to find workaround for this problem.

I will contact the Aspose.Words team to see if they can produce image with smaller size. If you are urgent, can you please use bitmap image instead of vector image as workaround?

We are converting other user's documents that they have created, so we don't have any control over the original document's creation.

We do need both the image size and the converted PDF file size fixed, but we really need the image size problem fixed asap. It's most important that the converted PDF look like the original.

I have fixed the image size bug but there is still problem for the floating images. I need the help of Aspose.Words team to resolve this problem.

Is there an estimate of when this will be fixed? It is urgent that we find a fix.

Thanks,

Brian

I have fixed the image size and file size problem in the attachment. But floating image position problem have not be resolved. Here is the reply from Aspose.Words team:

I don’t think this scenario can be solved in Aspose.Words + Aspose.Pdf.

The problem is that in MS Word, a picture has an “anchor” character inside the text. If the picture is positioned relative to page or margin, like in this example, then MS Word puts the picture on the same page with the “anchor” character.

Here is how it looks in MS Word object model:

- paragraph start

----- the page breaks here ---

More text

- paragraph end

This clearly shows why in MS Word one picture is on one page and another is one the second page.

To make this document to work, he should just move the anchor of the first picture to one paragraph up. I attached the fixed document.

Hi,

can any one fix the problem of split the large image in to multiple page as readable

@madhutanakam,

With Aspose.Imaging for .NET API, you can load multipage Tiff image, and then extract individual frames. These extracted frames can be saved in different file formats as per requirement. Please refer to this help topic: Splitting TIFF Frames. With Aspose.Pdf for .NET API, you can insert an image to PDF. Please refer to this help topic: Add Image to Existing PDF File