Problem filling form fields with adobe 7.0

If I do a

form.FillField(“form1[0].#subform[0].FirstName[0]”, “Test”);

it fails. No error. It just doesn’t do anything. If I use a an older version of an adobe file it works fine doing a

form.FillField(“FirstName”, “Test”);

I found an article that I thought would solve the problem because at first I was just using the object name like you do with the older versions of adobe.

The article URL is

http://www.aspose.com/wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Pdf.Kit/FieldNameInAdobeDesigner.html

Thoughts?

Dear jnassar,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

The problem is not stemming from the name of field, but from the updating of Adobe from 6.0 to 7.0. Honestly, adobe 7.0 cannot be supported by our product till now. Even specified with a correct field name, Kit cannot fill a field in adobe 7.0 correctly. Since adobe 7.0 adopted a completely new XFA architecture to discribe form field, it is hard to realize the function as well as old versions did. In fact, we have worked around this for a long time.

Fortunately, lots of developing work has been carrid on and a solution is about to accomplish. We will release a new version to fillful your requirement within a month.

Sorry for the inconvenience bringing to you. Best regards.

Dear customers,

I am glad to inform you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .Net has been released. The new version provide supporting to setting Adobe 7 document with XFA. You can use FillField( ) as usual to set values for Text Field, List Box, Check Box, Combo Box and Radio Box.

However, we suggest you use it carefully. Because we operate as a workaround way by degrading Adobe 7 documents to Adobe 6 - ones, it would lose some actions of Pushbutton Field. And we will soon fix it.

Any question is more than welcomed.

Luke,

I'm glad to see that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .Net now supports form fields in documents created with Adobe 7.0. I am curious if that new support also includes image fields? If not, is there any timeframe on supporting the image fields? I would like to apply an image to a PDF dynamically but despite my best efforts using Pdf.Kit version 2.1.2.0 I have been unable to fill an image field with a bitmap image. Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben

Hi blwhiteTCG,

Since Pdf.Kit 2.0, form field of Adobe 7.0 + has been supported as a work-around way. Image field is also supported by Form.FillImageField( ). Customer can fill an Image Field or a Button with an image of .jpg, .bmp, .tiff, .gif, .png and so on. Here is an example:

Form form = new Form"fillImage.pdf", "output.pdf");

form.FillImageField("form1[0].#subform[0].ImageField1[0]", "lovely.jpg");
form.FillImageField("form1[0].#subform[0].Button1[0]", "lovely.bmp");

form.Save();

However, what do you mean that you want to "apply an image to a PDF dynamically " ? In the above, an Image Field or a Button is reserved beforehand when the PDF templete was under designing, so it is a static solution. And a dynamic one is not implemented yet. If it is not the way you want, please describe your requirement more clearly.

Best regards.

All of my images appear on the last page, all of the fields are on teh second page. Any ideas? I have 2.1.3 (evaluation).

Dear customers,

We have fixed this problem and a new version will be released soon, please pay attention to our Blog.

Best regards.

Dear customer,

This problem has also fixed in Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java, and a new version 1.7.0 will soon be released.

Best regards.

Is there a time frame for the release of the java version?

Thanks for considering Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java!

The new version will be released in about a week.

Best regards.