Problem getting 64bit library to work

Hi

I am having problems in getting the 64bit version of Aspose.Cells for C++ to work for me. After I include the Aspose.Cells.h file, compilation results in the following errors:

image.png (29.1 KB)

It seems that most classes and functions in the Aspose::Cells namespace are unavailable. While I could use Aspose::Cells::IWorksheet, for example, IWorkbook and the Factory are unavailable.
This does not occur when using the 32bit lib.

Thank you for your assistance.

@tpo,
You may share your simplest solutions first 32 bit which is working fine and 64 bit which does not work. Similarly you may try this scenario by using the demo project available in the zip file here. Once your solutions are shared with us, we will analyze them and share our feedback.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui
See attached the minimal solutions for x86 and x64.
We are bound to use Visual Studio 2015 by customer’s requirement.

Project x86
Project x64

@tpo,
We have logged this issue in our database for further investigation and will share feedback once any update is available.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSCPP-265 - Compiling solution in VS 2015 for 64 bit environment

@tpo,
Aspose.Cells for C++ only support Visual Studio 2017 or higher. If you run then your project may cause some unknown errors.
We have downloaded the 20.7 version and run the Demo in VS2015 which can work. If you stick on using VS2015 you can add your code in the Demo.sln.

Let us know your feedback.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui
I tested with Visual Studio 2017, but the errors still occur in the x64 build (see sample project attached).
In case we can not get the x64 version to work for our evaluation, it will not be possible for us to order full developer and on site licenses for the product. The decision for a framework has to be made soon (in fact it is already overdue), so please try to look into the matter and provide a working solution or I will have to quit the evaluation.

From what I have seen in the x86 version, I would prefer to use Aspose.Cells for C++, since it is feature rich and seems to have established itself as a reference in the field for some years.

Project x64

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui
Update: After cross-checking again with the demo project’s solution settings, I managed to find some non-default settings that I had not been aware of and subsequently was able to make the x64 project work for me in Visual Studio 2017 as well as in 2015.

@tpo,
We are glad to know that your issue is resolved. Please feel free to contact us back if you have any other query in this regard.