Problem in conversion of word to pdf

Hello Aspose Team,
I used Aspose.Words for Java API to convert MS.Word doc to PDF but the conversion sometimes doesn’t work properly. We use common fonts, all of which is defined in our system. I have attached the converted pdf file. I would be thankful if you could help me know why it just shows square symbols after conversion and how I can solve this problem.
sincerely

destination_let8095020.pdf (33.4 KB)

@farmad313,

Please ZIP and attach your input Word document and font files used in this document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I have attached the source MS.word file and also its font.
the font name which is used is B Zar.

Thank you in advance
destination.zip (238.6 KB)

@farmad313,

Your word document uses following two fonts:

• ‘B Zar’
  • ‘B Titr’

Please refer to the following article:
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

After an initial test with Aspose.Words 17.8, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end during rendering your “letter_8095020.doc” to PDF (please see Aspose.Words generated PDF (72.1 KB)). We would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link:

Download latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Thank you for your time Hafeez,
As I said, it just sometimes doesn’t work properly (it’s random) and most of the time it works well.
We have a Java EE application on Oracle Linux and also the latest version of Aspose was deployed.
Do you have any experiments on my case that give me a clue to find the root cause of these random failure.

@farmad313,

We believe, the problem occurs on your end because Aspose.Words for Java is unable to find required fonts during rendering. Please make sure that your application has permissions to access directory where fonts are placed. Please refer to the following article:

How to Specify True Type Fonts Location

Also, the problem does not occur when we run the following code on our end:

Document doc = new Document("D:\\temp\\letter_8095020.doc");
doc.save("D:\\temp\\awjava-17.8.pdf");

But, if we specify a wrong folder, the problem occurs:

Document doc = new Document("D:\\temp\\letter_8095020.doc");

FontSettings fs = new FontSettings();
fs.setFontsFolder("C:\\Temp\\fontsfolderthatdonotexist", true);
doc.setFontSettings(fs);

doc.save("D:\\temp\\awjava-17.8-no-fonts.pdf");

Please see with-without-fonts-difference.zip (101.7 KB)

Best regards,