Problem in Converting a Word doc into Pdf by using Aspose.Words

Hi Aspose.Words Tech support,
I have got a problem in converting a Word Doc into PDF file. I have logged this issue to the Aspose.Pdf forum and they said to contact Aspose.Words team aout this issue. The Aspose.Pdf logged forum is “Problem in Converting Word Doc into PDF file by using Aspose.pdf”.
Currently, I am using Visual Studio 2005, Aspose.Words 3.5.3 and Aspose.Pdf 3.0.0.0 with Win Xp Prof.
I have attached the sample codes to convert Word Doc into Pdf file, and the Word doc template is called: “test.doc”.
Bellow is the respose from Aspose.Pdf team:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jarry,
Thank you for considering Aspose.
I have tested your document using Aspose.Words 3.5.3 and Aspose.Pdf 3.0.0. Most of the objects in your document are not converted well. Mainly there are two reasons:

1. Some of the objects (AutoShapes) are not supported by Aspose.Words. These objects are not exported into the XML generated by Aspose.Words.
  2. Since the autoshapes are not supported, some text with white color can’t be seen in the PDF since there is not background color.
    You can contact the Aspose.Words team about the AutoShape issue.

Tommy Wang
Lead Developer
Aspose Changsha Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your Supports and helps.
Regards,
Jarry Wijaya

Yes, Aspose DOC2PDF conversion at the moment can convert textboxes (with borders) and images. Other autoshapes like you have in your document (rounded rectangles) are not converted. Also, Aspose.Word does not work well with grouped shapes and you have some in your document.
We plan to support all of that in the future, but no timeline at the moment.

Thank you Roman for your information.
Regards,
Jarry Wijaya

Hi Roman,
does Aspose.Words has the timeline for “rounded rectangles” object?
because I need this object for my project.
Thank you.
Regards,
Jarry Wijaya

Sorry no timeline for this yet, hopefully this year. We want this done ASAP ourselves.

Hi Roman,
Do you have another ideas to replace “rounded rectangles” object in Word Doc so it could be generated into PDF file by using the Aspose.Pdf api?
Thank you.
Regards,
Jarry Wijaya

Not at this stage. Aspose.Words does not have an API to detect all the types and properties of auto shapes yet. So by looking programmatically through a document in Aspose.Words you cannot tell if its a rounded rectangle and what its color etc. You can only get the size of the shape and the image bytes of the shape if it is an image.