Problem in converting visio files into PDF

Hello;
I am Evaluating Aspose products in order to replace PDF conversion technology that we are currently using in my company, I tried to convert different (.vsd) files to PDF but the generated PDF file is completely messed up, it is not even close to the original files. I used the following code for the conversion :
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(“D:/try/test.vsd”);
diagram.save(“D:/try/test.pdf”, SaveFileFormat.PDF);
Your kind response is highly appreciated.Thanks

Hi

Thank you for contacting support. Could you please provide us the problematic Visio drawings in this forum thread? We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

hello ;
kindly find the attached compressed folder that contains the problematic visio files.
Thanking you in advance.

Hi

Thank you for sharing the problematic Visio drawings. We’ve tested against the latest build of Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.0.0. We managed to replicate the issues as follows:

File Name: NegativeChunkLength.vsd
DIAGRAMJAVA-50011 - VSD to PDF conversion, incorrect page number sequence
DIAGRAMJAVA-50012 - VSD to PDF conversion, text items with incorrect position
DIAGRAMJAVA-50013 - VSD to PDF conversion, solid type border of shapes instead of dash type

File Name: visio_with_embeded.vsd
DIAGRAMJAVA-50014 - VSD to PDF conversion, incorrect page number sequence
DIAGRAMJAVA-50015 - VSD to PDF conversion, red cross image instead of the shape
DIAGRAMJAVA-50016 - VSD to PDF conversion, shapes are missing
DIAGRAMJAVA-50017 - VSD to PDF conversion, black box instead of a picture

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any updates. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello :
We are currently evaluating your product, and our main concern is PDF conversion, and it seems that there is serious issues in the conversion of Visio files (most of the files tried are not converted accurately,please find the sample files attached above).
So; can you please provide a response on this so we can decide sooner than later on how to move forward with this.
Thanking you in advance.

Hi

Thank you for your inquiry. I'm not able to notice any attachment. Please reattach the file. We will take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Hello ;
Actually all the files that I’ve tried to convert did not seem to be converted correctly,
So; to me the problem seems to be more than 2 or 3 problematic files, its all the files.
unless I am using the wrong code to convert.
Here is the code that I am using for the conversion:
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(“D:/try/test.vsd”);
diagram.save(“D:/try/test.pdf”, SaveFileFormat.PDF);

Please tell me if there is smth. more than that needed for the conversion to be successful.
Thanking you in advance.

Hi

Thank you for sharing these details. Your sample code is correct. However, we always recommend our customers to provide all their problematic documents. It helps us to resolve their issues proactively. Furthermore, in case you’re going to share your documents, you can mark an appropriate forum thread as private because then only you and Aspose staff members can access these documents. Also, you can send the confidential files or information to any staff member via email as described there: http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

I hope, this helps.

Hi

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50012 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 5.0.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50012) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Hi

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50017 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 5.4.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50017) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 5.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Hi

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue ids DIAGRAMJAVA-50011, DIAGRAMJAVA-50013 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50014 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then their fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 5.5.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50011;DIAGRAMJAVA-50013;DIAGRAMJAVA-50014) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 5.5.0.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50015 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be incorporated in the next version 6.7.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50015, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.6.1.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50015) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.7.0.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50016 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 6.9.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50016) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 16.10.0.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.