Problem in converting xls to xlsb

Hi!

Another problem in converting xls to xlsb.

Here’s a samle xls file. We’re trying to convert it to xlsb thru Aspose methods:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(Test2.class.getResourceAsStream("POLIS-BN_Polis.xls"));

File result1 = File.createTempFile("result", ".xlsb");

workbook.save(result1.getAbsolutePath(), new XlsbSaveOptions(SaveFormat.XLSB));

The result seems to be an invalid xlsb file, because of the warning Excel 2010 shows while trying to open it.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found an issue with the output XLSB file in XLS to XLSB Conversion. The output file is corrupt and MS Excel displays warning messages when opening the output file into MS Excel 2010 manually.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\POLIS-BN_Polis.xls”);
workbook.save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsb”, new XlsbSaveOptions(SaveFormat.XLSB));

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41777” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes. Once the fix is available for public use, we will let you know here with a download link.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41777) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.