Problem in Rendering a PowerPoint SmartArt when Converting PPTX to PDF

Hi,

We have a requirement to convert Powerpoint document into PDF. So I am evaluating the trial version and found an issue with a powerpoint SmartArt. The text does not render properly and not allowing a viewer to read the text. Please find attached the Presenation as well as the converted pdf image. Please look into this and suggest the ways to resolve this issue.

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you. Can you please try using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.1.0 on your end. Please share the sample presentation and generated PDF with us if there is still an issue. I will add a ticket for resolution of issue in our issue tracking system.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the response. As you suggested, I downloaded the latest version (

Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.1.0 released on 01-28-2013 ) and tested but I still see the issue. Infact I had tried the latest version in the first attempt too. Please find attached the ppt and converted pdf.
Thanks,
Manoj

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your further feedback. Can you please share the sample presentation with us for further investigation so that I may add the ticket in our issue tracking system.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

As suggested, please find attched the sample presentation:

Thanks,

Manoj

Hi Manoj,

I have worked over the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34039 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Good to know that you are planning to work on this issue. We are planning for a release of our product in 1-2 months, so a solution to this problem would help us to determine if we can use Aspose in our product for PPT to PDF conversion. Therefore, it would be great, if you can let's know the time by which we can expect a solution to this problem.

We have also identified a few other issues related to some charts used for conversion. Please find attched the same.

Thanks,

Manoj

Hi Manoj,

I have observed the thumbnails shared by you and request you to please share the sample presentation with us so that I may try to reproduce the issue on our end and add this to our issue tracking system for resolution.

Secondly, the issue SLIDESNET-34039 related to improper rendering of SmartArt text in generated PDF has been created during last week. It has not yet been scheduled for investigation owing to already pending issues and will be selected for investigation by our development team on first come and first serve basis. I will share the feedback with you as soon as it will be scheduled for investigation by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the response. As I said earlier, since we are planning for a release in 1 -2 months, it would be good if you can provide some tantative date by which this will be scheduled for investigation.

Please find attched the sample presentation for the other issues I reported.

Thanks,

Manoj

Hi Manoj,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issues specified in generated PDF. I have observed 5 issues in generated PDF and have added them separately in our issue tracking system. The issue identified are also shared for your kind reference.

Issue 1: The missing 3-D effect on the chart data

I like to share that the 3-D effects on the shapes are currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-30876 has already been created as new feature request to provide the support.

Issue 2: Improperly scaled Category axis values on slide 1 charts.

I like to share that an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34061 has been created to resolve the issue.

Issue 3: Improperly scaled Value axis values on slide 1, Slide 2 and Slide 3 charts.

I like to share that an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34062 has been created to resolve the issue.

Issue 4: Missing surface chart on slide 3.

I like to share that an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34063 has been created to resolve the issue.

Issue 5: Improperly rendered category axis labels on slide 4.

I like to share that an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34064 has been created to resolve the issue.

This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the response and good to know that you are planning to work on the issues we reported. However, for us to make a decision, please give us some tendative dates by which we can expect resolution to the problems we reported.

Thanks,

Manoj

Hi Manoj,

I have discussed the issues status with our development team and we have scheduled the issues for initial investigation during Week 10/2013. We will share the feedback related to these issues after the investigation will be carried by our development team.

However, the issue SLIDESNET-30876 related to 3-D rendering of the chart elements is blocked as it is a missing feature. It will be resolved by end of July 2013.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34039;SLIDESNET-34064) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34061) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34062) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-30876) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34063) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.8 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.