Problem installing examples

I have downloaded the Aspose Slides Java zip file (twice) and installed it with Eclipse Import according to the directions. The java files all say that the imports are missing and there is no JAR file in the download. I have also tried to import the asposeslide-java-maven-eclipse software through Eclipse but get “Unable to read repository…” Can I download the jar file somewhere? And if so are there directions for getting it connected to the project?

Thanks,
Barbara Paltiel

@bhpaltiel,

I have tried the scenario from scratch by installing fresh Eclipse IDE Photon Release (4.8.0) and downloaded the examples. Once the Eclipse is Installed I just used File > Open Projects from File System option to select the Examples folder. I tried few examples and those are executed fine without any error. Could you please try a fresh installation and share the feedback with us? If you still have issues, please send us some images showing this problem as we are not able to re-produce this issue here. Also provide detailed steps you perform while performing this task.

RunningExamples.png (168.8 KB)

Thank you for your prompt reply. Two more questions before I try a new installation at work tomorrow (I’m on California/Pacific time). First, your image is for Aspose Cells. I have installed that and all the examples are running, as are those for Aspose Words. I am now trying to install the examples for Aspose Slides where I cannot find the correct jar file and all import lines show errors. Second, I am required by my company to use Eclipse Luna, so I can’t upgrade to Photon.

Barbara

@bhpaltiel,

I have observed your following requirements.

You may download the latest JAR file directly from our download section as well.

Please visit this documentation link for your convenience to see how GIT examples can be configured in different possible environments. I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Everything is working now. I didn’t realize the Examples download was different from the download in the Aspose download section. As always, I appreciate the prompt help.
Barbara

@bhpaltiel,

It is pleasing to hear that things are working on your end. Please feel free to share if there is any issue incurring on your end.