Hi all,

The output in the console of browser after I used
this part of code:

CommentCollection comments = sheet.getComments();
int commentIndex = comments.add(0,0);
Comment comment = comments.get(commentIndex);
comment.setNote(“First note.”);

output in browser: “SCRIPT5009: ‘showtipf’ is undefined”

However, I can see the comment as ‘’ or the value of the cell ‘e.g: 123’ if I comment the setNote function.

CommentCollection comments = sheet.getComments();
int commentIndex = comments.add(0,0);
Comment comment = comments.get(commentIndex);
// comment.setNote(“First note.”);

So the question is why there is an error in js after I insert a comment to a cell.

Thank you.

@Gino1010,

Please create a sample application reproducing this problem and also share source file so that we can investigate your scenario.

May I send you those source code thought email?
And our company paid for aspose cell product. (I have UserID and SerialNumber but I don’t know how to create a account that can use the paid support.)

Thanks you

@Gino1010

You may share the sample application and data in a private message. You can click on my name and find “Message” Button, in order to send a private message.

You can sign in to Paid Support Helpdesk to use Paid Support. If you face any trouble while logging in, you can request our sales team for assistance, over Purchase forums.

Also, we have tested following code (your code should be changed to use newer APIs)

GridWorksheet sheet=gridweb.getWorkSheets().get(0);
GridCommentCollection gcc=sheet.getComments();
int id=gcc.add(“B6”);
GridComment gc=gcc.get(id);
gc.setNote(“First note”);

Chrome.png (26.7 KB)

It works fine in a .jsp page and when I move the mouse over the comment red rectangle as no error message in the console (javascript) was found in the browser window. We have tested with Google Chrome. Please try to use latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb (Java) v18.7 with latest resource files (acw_client folder) and let us know your feedback. If you still find the issue, please provide a runnable .jsp page with template file to reproduce the issue and mention which browser you are using on your end.