Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problem on fixed textbox conversion to pdf


Hello,

I've a problem on fixed textbox conversion to pdf. I'm using the "Aspose.Words.dll v10.4.0.0". I attached a rar file where you'll find the docs indicated in this message with *:

I have a [biling.doc*] it's a template model where i use aspose. I want to insert a fixed total command sum area at the last line of the page. And this area should be always at the last line. With doc conversion it works well but when i get a pdf version, it not work anymore. I'm using MailMerger.ExecuteWithRegions for generate pdf file

You will find same exemple i attach for you:

>in biling.doc* :
You'll find 4 textbox fixed at last position and they have to be always at last line

>biling_exp_1.pdf*:
is one of the result i got by generating pdf. Textboxes are not off the page

>biling_exp_2.pdf*:
is one of the result with more quantity. I have my textboxes at the second line but not at last position :(

>biling_exp_3.doc:
is the result that i want to have. It works well with word but not with pdf.

Can you have any idea how to do it?
Thanks you

Hi Christophe,


Thanks for your inquiry. I suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.11.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

Hi Tahir ,

Thank you for reply. I just tried it with the last version but it didn’t resolve the problème. I think the generation pdf of fixed textboxes are not managed by Aspose :confused: It’s a enoying point for us becouse the generation to doc work well but not the pdf one :confused:

I send you the result that i had with 11.11.0 in the rar file.


I want to give a extract from code:
############################################################################

Aspose.Words.Document lDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(aModele); (MemoryStream aModele)

lDoc.MailMerge.FieldMergingCallback = new HandleMergeImageFieldFromBlob();


lDoc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(aAsposeDataSet);

lDoc.Save(new MemoryStream(), Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

############################################################################

Could you have any ideas how to fixe it?

thank you

Hi Christophe,


Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please share the data source in the form of XML for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information. Please convert the DataSet (aAsposeDataSet) to xml by using following code snippet.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:“Courier New”;mso-font-kerning:0pt;mso-ansi-language:PL;mso-no-proof:
yes”>lDoc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(aAsposeDataSet);<o:p></o:p>

aAsposeDataSet.WriteXml("DataSet.xml");

Hi Tahir ,

I generated the .xml file that you can find it in attached files.

Thank you for your reply

Hi Christophe,


Thanks for sharing the XML file. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7630 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7630) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.5 update.