We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problem Opening MPP with latest version

We are currently using version 9.2 and get a null error when trying to open the attached file, which opens just fine in Project itself.

I tried upgrading to 17.2 and I still get the same error. Can you guys give any insight?

TestFile.zip (1.1 MB)

@JamesPike,

Could you please try it with the latest version of the API i.e. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.6? We don’t get any error but the application doesn’t return after loading the project call. Your confirmation will help us investigate the issue further for reporting to Product team.

Sorry. That was a typo in my initial post. I have tried with 17.6. I get a System.ArgumentNullException

Untitled.jpg (21.5 KB)

@JamesPike,

Thank you for providing more information. This issue is re-produced and logged under Id:TASKSNET-2018 for further analysis by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

@JamesPike,

We have just released Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.7 version where this issue has been fixed. Please download this latest version for testing at your end and let us know if we can be of any additional help to you.

Ok. I grabbed the latest and I still get the error in my product.

So I made a very simple sample application and tried it there and it worked. However, then I tried 17.6 in my sample app and it worked as well, and then 9.6 and it worked as well! So my sample app doesn’t even seem to repeat the initial bug I reported.

How did you guys reproduce the bug when I reported it? Can you share the application you used to do so?

Right now I’m trying to figure out what variables in my application could be causing it to still happen but I’m scratching my head. My application code runs that particular code in a thread, but I made my sample application fire off a thread and it doesn’t repeat so I don’t think that’s it.

Off to experiment.

@JamesPike,

If valid license in used, 17.6.0 raises error where as 17.7 raises NO error. On the other hand if no license is used, version 17.6.0 and 17.7.0 both work fine.

Just an update I got it to work in my product. In debugging I still get some weird errors but in release and in my smaller test program it seems to work just fine. Thanks

@JamesPike,

You are welcome and please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.