Problem rendering a simple PPTX to PDF (Java)

Hello,

The PPTX -> PDF rendering code given below seems to be having a problem with a simple test PPTX document.
Attached are the PPTX document and its correspondent rendition. Please advise.

Rendering code:

pptPdfSaveOptions = new PdfOptions();
	pptPdfSaveOptions.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B);
	Presentation pres = new Presentation(contentStream);
	logger.debug("New pres object created.");
	pres.save(targetFileName, SaveFormat.Pdf, pptPdfSaveOptions);

ppt_render-case2460#2.zip (29.7 KB)

@dmitry.bystrokhodov,

I have worked with your sample code presentation using Aspose.Slides for Java 17.6 on my end and have not been able to observe the issue. I suggest you to please try using the specified version. For your kind reference, the generated output is also attached.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir Fayyaz

testpresentation.pdf (38.8 KB)

Hi Mudassir,

I retried the test with Cells 17.6, but the problem persists - the file is rendered as a blank page.
It is very surprising, because the document looks like an extremely simple PDF, and still Aspose Slides for Java renders it as a blank page. Can you please give me a hint as to what I may be doing wrong? Maybe my rendering code given above lacks some settings? Maybe the PPTX contains some invisible data that prevents rendering? Everybody here is puzzled by this failure. We were able to render more complex PPTs successfully, but this one suddenly fails, and the problem can be reproduced on 2 separate servers.
Please advise.
Many thanks,
Dmitry

PS I am attaching the PPTX original and resulting PDF from my new test with Slides 17.6
pptx_render_pdf_cells17_6.zip (29.8 KB)

@dmitry.bystrokhodov,

I have observed the presentation file and have found that you are using Calibri font in your presentation. Actually, the Calibri font bug exists in some JDK versions including 1.6_45 and JDK 1.7_21. It may be possible that your JDK has conflict with Calibri font. What I suggest you is to try using some other font in your environment and use following simple code to generate PDF for presentation. If that works on your for some other font then you may need to use some other JDK version that is conflicting with Calibri font.

Presentation pres=new Presentation("template.pptx");
pres.save("saved.pdf",SaveFormat.Pdf);