Problem settings license for dll when dll in GAC

Hello,

There is a problem setting the dll license when the dll file is in the GAC it works fine when it’s in the bin
aspose.pdf.license.setlicense(stream)
The error is , “file not found”.

The version pdf is 16.10 .

Please, help.

Thanks,
Roei.

Hello Roei,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.4.0, by adding assembly reference from GAC and was unable to notice the issue. Please note that it is always recommended to use latest version of the API because it contains all fixes and enhancements. Please try using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.4.0 which is latest version and double check if license file exists at the specified location.

In case if you still face any issue, please share more information about your environment i.e OS version, Application Type, Target Framework version, etc. This way we can again test the scenario in our environment and share our findings with you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hello,

But then there is another problem as you mention and i reported in the thread :

I down graded the pdf dll so that it will work throw the GAC ,a it seems that there are other problems.

Do you have a stable and working version of aspose.pdf.dll that i can use ?

You should know that my license has expired and for 2 years i was trying to make your dll works, just convert html and text to pdf, the image convertion did not work fine so i used an open source component, the word, excel and powerpoint converted arabic and hebrew languages badly, distorted so i used sharepoint convertion tools and now the only thing i am using althow i bougth the aspose.total package, the aspose.pdf is not working, thats just “GREAT”, I AM SPEACHLESS …

best regards,
Roei.

Hello Roei,

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience which you have faced. Although I would like to share with you that we have increased the priority level of this issue for same thread which you have mentioned above. Product team is really working hard to resolve the issue and we hope that its fix will be included in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

I have recorded your concerns and intimated the relevant team about them by associating the issue ID with this thread as well. We will greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter. Please spare us a little time.

We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello,

You have not answered my qustion,
1. what version is stable ?
2. how can i download this version ?

I need to convert text and html to pdf, and i need the dll to work throw the GAC . I don’t mind using old versions of aspose the main objective is that it will work …

Best regards,
Roei

Hello Roei,

Thanks for writing back. It has been reported that the API versions lower than Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.0 are working fine through GAC. No doubt, it is always recommended to use latest version of the API but for now, as per your requirements, latest version of the API is generating issue through GAC.

You can download other version of the API from our Downloads section and as far as latest version GAC related issue is concerned, we will let you know once it is resolved. Please spare us a little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello,

the link that you supplied to download the 16.0 version is incorrect, i tried using explorer, chrome and safari to get a response from the “more files…” button, no success.

can you supply a direct link to download 16.0 version?

you should know that the 16.10-12 does not work throw the GAC.

Best Regards,
Roei.

Hi Roei,

Thanks for writing back and sorry for the inconvenience faced. I have tried different scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 12.0.0, after adding assemblies to GAC and referencing them into project, and did not observe GAC related issue. For now, you may continue working with this version of Aspose.Pdf and can upgrade to latest version once the issue is resolved.

I have provided a direct link to download Aspose.Pdf for .NET 12.0.0 and we will keep you informed about the resolution process regarding GAC. Please spare us a little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Roei,

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to share that the issue reported earlier as PDFNET-42106 is resolved in latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.6. Please try using the latest release and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.