Problem to validate converted PDF to PDF/A

Hello,

Aspose.Pdf for.NET acquired to perform the conversion of multiple PDF documents to PDF/A-1b standard.
We made the conversion procedure and perform validation have the result in error on the date fields.
We checked all values ​​and are exactly alike, should not present this error, but the error persists!

Annex sending the result of the validation.

Any particular date format into these fields?

Thank you.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have noticed your shared PDF/A file and it is failing the PDFA compliance. Please share your source PDF document, so we will test the scenario at our end and will provide more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Attached the source pdf file, before convert with Aspose.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid we are unable to replicate the reported issue, while tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.0.0 net4.0_ClientProfile DLL over Windows 7 64 bit. Please find output file for your reference.

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new
Aspose.Pdf.Document(myDir + “001_Doc_Junto_891_a_991_NoPdfA.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

//Convert to PDF/A compliant document

//pdfDocument.Validate(myDir + "log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B);

pdfDocument.Convert(myDir + "log.xml", Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

//save output document

// pdfDocument.Save();

pdfDocument.Save(myDir + "001_Doc_Junto_891_a_991_NoPdfA_PDFA2b.pdf");

Best Regards,

My Enviroment is .NET Framework 4 over Windows 8.1.

When I modify the project to. NET Framework 4 Client Profile, a reference error occurs for Aspose.

In . NET Framework 4 can run.
Hi,
We made the same test with your sent file and the problem is idem in Acrobat Pro.
Please see attached file.

We did a test with Aspose Validate and your file too and XML have the same error!

We are thinking it can be a problem with DATE FORMAT, we are in Brasil and dateformat of S.O. is DDMMYYYY HH:MM:SS, it can have influence?

Another test was setting values at the Validation Time without save the file, with the under code:

var docPdfA = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(myDir + "001_Doc_Junto_891_a_991_NoPdfA_PDFA2b.pdf");

docPdfA.Metadata["xmp:CreateDate"] = docPdfA.Info.CreationDate;

docPdfA.Metadata["xmp:ModifyDate"] = docPdfA.Info.ModDate;

docPdfA.Validate("validation.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);

It works and validates, but when saved the file, the same error is displayed.

Thanks, but we have a real problem.

Our tests are using Windows 8.1 64-Bit.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your feedback. Please share your system Region and Language settings, so we try to replicate issue with your settings for further investigations.

Best Regards,

Please, see attached file.

[quote user=“qualidata”]Please, see attached file.[/quote]

Look to xmp:CreateDate, it has seconds and on PDF create date does not have seconds. It can be the problem to compare dates?

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your patience.

I
have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-36635 in our issue tracking
system under investigations list. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you
updated with our findings. Please be patient and spare us little
time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.<o:p></o:p>

Dear Support Team Aspose,

I would like to inform you that the decision to purchase the Aspose.Pdf component was made solely due to the conversion feature of PDF to PDF / A in accordance with the ISO and its validation.

This is fundamental to our project and the delay in resolving this problem is impacting directly on the deadline, request earnestly to give special attention to the problem presented in this post for a solution soon.

Thanks for all the attention given so far to our case, but we would like to forecast the solution for the same.

Regards,

Hi Joao,

During our testing, we observed that when testing the scenario in VisualStudio 2010 application running over Windows 7(x64) where I have set Portuguese (Brazil) as regional settings I was unable to notice any problem. The problem solely seems to be related to Windows 8.1 environment and the development team will be investigating the issue from this perspective. Nevertheless, we will try our level best to get this problem fixed ASAP and I am afraid currently I cannot confirm / share any ETA. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.
Hi,

Have any news about this?
We are wating for this solution. Our project is delayed because of this bug.

Please, note we are using Visual Studio 2012 at Windows 8.1 64-Bits with Brazilian Settings.

Please, give me a date for this correction.

thanks,

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid as we have noticed your issue recently, it is pending for investigation in queue with other priority task. As soon as its investigation is completed we will be in a good position to share an ETA with you.

Best Regards,
Hi,

Our project is delayed because of this bug. Please, help us!

Thanks,

qualidata:
Our project is delayed because of this bug. Please, help us!
Hi Joao,

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I am afraid the above stated problem is not yet resolved. Furthermore, please note that as a normal rule of practice, issues are resolved in first come and first serve basis; but the problems logged/reported under Enterprise or Priority support model, have high precedence in terms of resolution, as compare to issues under normal/free support model.

Nevertheless, as soon as we have made some definite progress towards the resolution of this issue, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi,

After more than 40 days from last response, and we does not have a solution yet.
Please, look for this issue.

Thanks,

João

Hi João,

The development team is working on replicating this issue and trying to figure out the reasons of this problem. Nevertheless, we will keep you posted on the status of correction.

Hi Joao,

We have tested the scenario using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.1 over Windows 8 X64 and we are unable to replicate this problem. Can you please try using the latest release and in case the problem still persists, please feel free to contact.