Problem using charts manipulated with aspose.cell with Open Xml Sdk

Hi,

I tried to import a chart from excel to powerpoint with open xml sdk. If the charts are created with Excel everything works fine. If I use a chart, where I manipulated the input cell values, the chart appears in the “old” version. Btw. the created Image of the chart (chart.toImage()) uses the correct values. If I then open and save the workbook with excel everything works well again.

I compared both workbook versions (the aspose version and the version saved with excel) and found out that the part chart1.xml (workbook***\xl\charts) which seems to be used by Open Xml still contains the old values.

Thanks in advance for your Help!

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.4

and let us know your feedback.

If the problem still occurs, then please provide us your complete code, your expected output files and screenshots to illustrate the differences.

We will look into them and help you asap.

Hi,

the problem still occurs.

Please try the following steps:
- run the attached console application
- compare the workbook chart with the imported chart in powerpoint
- right click into the imported chart and choose “edit data”
-> the chart wil "refresh"

Compare the both unzipped workbooks form my first post, you can see the difference in workbook\xl\charts\chart1.xml

Thanks!

Hi,

The chart looks ok to me in the output workbook and inside the presentation.pptx.

Please see the screenshot below.

Could you please elaborate your issue with screenshots including the mentioned .xml files.

Screenshot:

Hi,

I modified the Application so that you can run it more than once.

I also added screenshots of the manipulated workbook and the presentation with the inserted chart. (btw. I am using Office 2007). You can see the inserted Chart looks like the unmodified workbook template. If you now choose “edit data” in powerpoint the chart will change and use the current values of the manipulated workbook. It seems that there happens some kind of “redrawing”.

If I insert a chart saved with excel everything works fine.

As I wrote in my previous posts I could find the “old” values by unzipping the modified excel file.

Many Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and the project.

We have logged your issue in our database. Development team will investigate your problem and once the issue is resolved or we have some update relating to it, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40537.

Hi,

Please try our latest version, v7.2.0:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry375305.aspx

Your issue should be fixed int it