Problems embedding Charts from Excel into Powerpoint and Word via Open XML SDK

Hi,

we are using Aspose Cells to create Documents (pptx and docx) with individual charts by changing the referenced cell values.
Because of various differences between images created by Aspose and Excel such as label positions, shadows, 3D effects, etc. I am using Open Xml to insert Excel charts into presentations and Word documents.

I found out that Excel caches the chart data in “xl/charts/chart_.xml”. Aspose.Cells does not update these data during saving procedure. Usually this is no problem because Excel updates these data at startup, but if you copy a chart form Excel to Word or Powerpoint these unvalid data were used to display the chart. (see post: Problem using charts manipulated with aspose.cell with Open Xml Sdk)

So far, so good.

To get my feature working, I tried to update the chart cache myself, but had to find out that aspose.cells changes parts of the chart_.xml such as numberFormat (deleted), printSettings (deleted), numCache (changed to strCache).

This makes it almost impossible for me to insert editable charts into word and presentation files via open xml sdk.

(See the attached screenshots, code and template files, I compared the chart using the Open XML SDK Productivity Tool.)

Thanks for your Help!

Hi,

Thanks for your attached screenshots, code and template files.

We have logged this issue in our database. Development team will investigate this issue and once, we have some update or fix is available, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40548.

Hi,

Please try our latest version, v7.2.0:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry375305.aspx

Your issue should be fixed int it.

Thank you.

Hi,

This thread is closed now.

For your newer issues, please follow this thread.
Part 2 - Problems embedding Charts from Excel into Powerpoint and Word via Open XML SDK