Problem using LICENSE FILE -


it’s my first time using an Aspose product.

Yestarday I’ve bought a licence of ASPOSE.WORD for Java. It’s a Developer Enterprise Subscription.

To install, I’ve copied it in the same jar directory removing the xml extension (Aspose.Words.lic).
I added these 2 lines of code in my java controller just before creating Document object:

License license = new License();

Running the function I’ve got those errors:

java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error
for resources / Aspose.License.BlackList.xml
at Source)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$ Source)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResourceInternal( 2093)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResource( 961)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.getResourceAsStream( 1182)
at java.lang.Class.getResourceAsStream(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.da.dA( 801)
at com.aspose.words.da.c( 380)
at 345)
at com.aspose.words.License.setLicense( 226)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find black listed licenses resource. Please report this error to Aspose.
at com.aspose.words.da.dA(
at com.aspose.words.da.c(
at com.aspose.words.License.setLicense(

I need you support please.

Many thanks.


Thanks for your request. I think, this could be because you license file is corrupt. You can send your license to me, and I will check it on my side. Please see the following link to learn how to send the license file.
Best regards,

Sorry, problem solved.
I don’t know why I had a wrong jar version.

I downloaded the last (3.3 jdk 1.6) and everything went fine.


It is perfect, that you already resolved the problem. Please let me know in case of any issues. I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,