Problem using word Template to send e-mail

Hi,

I created a html file after using the mail merge feature in Aspose.Word evaluation dll. Then using a CDO object's CreateHTMLbody( ) method the e-mail was sent. The email when viewed from a web based client displayed unicode characters which were not a part of the actual input html file.ie:- Outlook web and Yahoo showed these characters and Outlook Express did not.

Kindly let me know how this can be rectified.

Thanks Sarathy

Please provide html as before and after being sent. I'll check what could be done.

Best regards,

Hi,

Attached are the files. The file before extraction is suffixed with "_before" and the file after extraction is suffixed with "_after" . Also attached is the file in ".msg" format. You can forward the ".msg" file to a yahoo mail account to replicate the issue. Thanks for the help.

Sarathy

I have forwarded the ".msg" file to yahoo mail account and I have seen no unicode characters present.

Screenshot attached.

Hi,

Strangely, when I forward it I get the funny unicode characters. I have attached a snapshot of the same.

Hard to say what could be causing it. At least html generated by Aspose.Words does not contain any abnormal characters.

Hi,

We faced a similar problem with Yahoo when emails were sent using word templates. To fix it we used the following Microsoft Office Library,

Function MSPeelerMain Lib "msfilter.dll" (ByVal sHtmlFile As String, ByVal sCmdOptions As String) As Integer.

This is a filter that will remove all VML [ Vector Markup Language] tags from the generated HTML file. I hope this information is of some help in resolving the problem.

-Sarathy

Here is an html generated by Aspose.Words that you have attached precviously:

Testing Multiple E-mail Addresses:

<SPAN
style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff0000; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">Evaluation
only, garbage text in the document is part of the evaluation watermark. Created
with Aspose.Words. Copyright 2003-2006 Aspose Pty Ltd.

<SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">Testing Multiple E-mail
Addresses:

<SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'"> 

<P
style="MARGIN-TOP: 0pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">Last Name:<SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">saaaa

<SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">First Name:<SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">saaaa

<SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">Persons ID: <SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">1906

As you can see there are no VML tags here. So I cannot see that VML is actually related to your issue.