Problem when converting PDF to image on Iseries

Hello.

I have an issue when I try to convert a PDF to an image on IBM System I (or Iseries or AS/400, ect).

When I execute on the Iseries a simple code that I tested and works fine on my PC (converts a PDF to a JPEG or a PNG), I get the following message :

"Exception in thread "main" class com.aspose.pdf.internal.ms.System.z72: class com.aspose.pdf.internal.ms.System.z93: Unrecognized OS: OS/400, V6R1M0,"

On the other hand, when I use java Aspose Words on the Iseries to convert a Word to a PDF, it works fine and I don't get this message about the OS not being recognized.

I was planning on buying the words and pdf for Java in order to use them on the Iseries.

Can you help me ?

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose. We have logged an investigation PDFNEWJAVA-35663 ticket in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hello.

Thank you very much for the quick answer and the ticket opening.

If needed, I can test on my Iseries any corrections you may have and I am totally available for this.

So do not hezitate to send me mutiple versions to test.

If it can accelerate the process, I’d be happy to do it.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the suggestion. Sure, if required then we will share the updated JAR with you for testing.

Best Regards,

Hello Tilal.

Any news regarding my problem on Iseries ?

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issue is still not resolved as we have recently noticed the issue and it is still pending for investigation in the queue with other issues, reported earlier. As soon as our product team completes the investigation of the issue then we will share any ETA/findings with you. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello.

It’s been a couple month since I opened this incident.
Any news ?
I am still available to test on my Iseries.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issue is still pending for analysis, as product team is busy in investigating/resolving other issues in the queue. We will notify you as soon as me made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-35663) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 16.11.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

@talbagnac,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue with Extensions lib has been fixed and the requested OS support has been added into code which initialized the environment. However we request you to please try using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.7 in your environment and share your findings.