Problem while exporting to PDF - right margin still truncate the last caracter

Hi,

I have split your thread for simplicity. Kindly see the answer to your question in my post below.

Hi Aspose Team,
Sorry for the long period whithout news …

I just tested the latest build (7.1.2) … I’ve the same problem I got before (truncate chart, space char between words and bad right margin).

I also have an exception while directly saving the generate Book to PDF (com.aspose.cells.CellsException: String index out of range: 71)
But it doesn’t appear if I save to XLS, then open it and save it to PDF

Kind regards

Hi,

Could you attach your template Excel file(s) and output PDF file(s) here to show the issue. Also give us screen shots to highlight the problematic area encircling with red color. We will look into your mentioned issues soon.

Thank you.

Please check my previous post (01-05-2012), same problems

Hi,

I have generated the attached pdf using your source xls file with the latest version:

Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.2
and it seems ok to me.

Please check it out. Let me know if there are any problems, highlight them in a screenshot with red circles. It will help us quickly sort out the problem.

Below is my code.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\test.xls”;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filePath);

wb.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

My workspace still used 7.0.4 … It’s ok for chart’s bug.

But the right margin still truncate the last caracter, and white spaces are still not displayed

My code :

Workbook book = new Workbook(“c:\demo.xls”);
book.save(“c:\demo.pdf”, FileFormatType.PDF);

Kind regards

Hi,

I am afraid there is no way but you have to upgrade to latest version/fix e.g v7.1.2 of the product which works absolutely fine for your mentioned issues. I have generated the attached pdf using your source xls file with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.2 and the output file is fine to me.

Thank you.

Well,
I’ve tried with 7.1.2, with JDK 1.4 - 1.5 - 1.6 with the same result.
As I use RAD, I gonna test with standalone eclipse to check if it works or not.

EDIT : It seems to work with 1.5 and 1.6 but not 1.4, can you confirm please ?

Hi,

For JDK1.4, please specify the font path explicitly before using other features of aspose.cells:

Java

CellsHelper.setFontDir(“c:/windows/fonts”);

Workbook wb = new …;

wb.save(“res.pdf”);