Problem while exporting to PDF

HI Aspose Team.

It’s much better with 7.0.4 version but still not usable for production usage.
Please check attached file for a new bug I’ve detected

As you can see in PDF file,
- some spaces are missing (employsapproximately5,400persons)
- Right margin is not correct (the “m” and “n” are truncate)
- A part of diagramm is missing (Civil part in this exemple)

source code :
Workbook book = new Workbook(“c:\test.xls”);
book.save(“c:\test.pdf”, FileFormatType.PDF);

Using .Cell 7.0.4 with JDK 1.4

Kind regards

Hi,

Thanks for the files,

I have managed to reproduce the 2nd and 3rd issues, the first is fine with v7.0.4.2 (latest fix).
e.g

- some spaces are missing (employsapproximately5,400persons) – OK
- Right margin is not correct (the “m” and “n” are truncate) – ISSUE
- A part of diagramm is missing (Civil part in this exemple) – ISSUE

I have logged them and reopened your existing issue "30972", we will soon look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try this new fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.0.4.7

We have fixed the issue about truncated ‘m’ and ‘n’, please try this new fix. For the issue of lost chart image, we are still working on it and we are afraid we need more time to fix it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40094) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I’m really glad to know you have delete my previous post.

As you didn’t answered last time, can you confirm your fix doesn’t work with JDK 1.4 ?

Key features : Aspose.Cells for Java is available for Java 1.4 or 1.5 and will run wherever Java is installed

Kind regards

Hi,

Well, yes, Aspose.Cells for Java does support JDK1.4, 1.5, 1.6 or greater versions. Also, in general, all the features that the product supports would work (except for a few exceptional cases which are relevant to Fonts (issues)) fine on any JDK versions.

Thank you.

Well, I confirm you, your fix doesn’t work with JDK 1.4. As fonts are not the same between 1.4 and 1.5, we can say that the bug is due to fonts.

Last question:
In textbox, why line is not wrapped by works like in the xls file ?

Hi,

"Last question:
In textbox, why line is not wrapped by works like in the xls file ?"

Could you give us template file(s) and sample code to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

For the issue of font for JDK1.4, I think we have pointed it out and given solution for you at another post thread of you: Link to this post.

mshakeel.faiz:
Hi,

For the issue of font for JDK1.4, I think we have pointed it out and given solution for you at another post thread of you: Link to this post.

I'm not sure the 'business user' have rights over font path in my prod environment on the unix server.
And as I don't know the default font used to generate the PDF with JDK 1.5/6, I can't embed it into the jar.
Amjad Sahi:
Hi,

"Last question:
In textbox, why line is not wrapped by works like in the xls file ?"

Could you give us template file(s) and sample code to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Here are exemples files.
The first textbox has been generated by aspose while the scond one has been build by excel

Kind regards

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file and output PDF document.

I can notice the issue as you pointed out regarding text wrapping in the first TextBox in the PDF file.

Sample code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“demo2.xls”);
workbook.save(“demo1.5.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

I have logged a separate ticket with an id: CELLSJAVA-40161. We will soon look into it.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.1.2.5

We have made improvement for the wrapped text for the generated pdf.

Hi, it seems to work for the wrapping in textbox.

Here is (I hope), the ultimate bug I’ve found :

One of my chart isn’t displayed when converted in PDF, please see attached files and code
LoadOptions load = new LoadOptions();
load.setLanguageCode(CountryCode.USA);
load.setRegion(CountryCode.USA);
Workbook book = new Workbook(“c:\demo.xls”,load);
PdfSaveOptions save = new PdfSaveOptions();
save.setPrintingPageType(PrintingPageType.IGNORE_BLANK);
book.save(“c:\demo.pdf”, save);

I though it was a Local issue, that’s why I forced to USA.
Using JDK 1.5, Aspose.CELL 7.1.2.5

Kind regards

Hi,

Well, it works fine with v7.1.2.5 (Java), the chart is rendered fine in the output PDF. Here is my sample code and please find attached the output file for reference.

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“demo.xls”);
workbook.save(“demox.pdf”);

Thank you.

I tested by switching to english standards and format in Windows preferences but it is not suitable for production.

By the way, it seems following code is ignored or bugged (quite the same)

LoadOptions load = new LoadOptions();
load.setLanguageCode(CountryCode.USA);
load.setLocale(Locale.US);
load.setRegion(CountryCode.USA);

Well, setting Locale to english seems to be bugged (Windows pref are still used) and the pdf generation is bugged since in French Locale, the chart is not displayed

Kind regards

Hi,

It seems to me an issue with French Locale or something else. We need to investigate it, our concerned developer will do it. Once we have any update, we will let you know here.

I have reopened your issue “CELLSJAVA-40161” again.

Thank you.

Setters are ignored, there is an issue on this point too, not only French Locale

I mean, those setters are there to overwrite the locale and others points, but they don’t

Hi,

For the issue about "Setters are ignored", if you mean the locale settings specified to be used for rendering number formats, it is just the current module we are working on (i.e. CELLSNET-40389), and after we finish this work, you can use WorkbookSettings.setLocale()/setRegion() to specify the locale used for formatting numbers for your needs.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40161) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.