Problem while formatting numbers with locale fr_BE, output is incorrect in AW 23.7.0

Hi, we have this problem:

I’m using French/Belgium locale for a client & while I tried to upgrade from Aspose Words 21.5.0 to Aspose Words 23.7.0, he bumped into a problem for currency formatting.

Given this number “12345678.06”, while using the fr_BE locale and a number format switch like this # “#.##0,00” the output differs between the two versions.

• Works well in AW 21.5.0, output is: $12.345.678,06

• Output is incorrect in AW 23.7.0, output is: $1.234.567.806,00 (it’s like it considers the dot as being thousands separator from the input value)

I’ve also tested this in AW 23.11.0 - still there’s an incorrect behavior, similar to AW 23.7.0

My question is, why is there a difference in behavior in how values are processed? Can you please help?

I’ve also documented a couple of other issues related to number formatting that I’m seeing while using the separator for thousands. (They can be seen & are documented in detail in the output PDFs)

e.g.

• locale: fr_BE
  • Formatting like this # “# ##0,00”, using space separator for thousands – doesn’t work, only adds the separator to the first thousands group, why? Output: $12345 678,06

• Format # “#.##0,00”, when dot is used as a separator for thousands, works ok and adds the separator for all thousands groups. Output: $12.345.678,06
    groups.

I’ve attached a small demo code that shows the difference in behavior.
temp.zip (121.0 KB)

1 Like

@oborza
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26371

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

Hi @alexey.noskov ,

Thanks a lot for your response. I’m looking forward to see this issue being resolved. I’ll track this for a resolution in future releases.
Hoping it will be addressed soon.

@oborza We will be sure to keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-26371) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 24.2 update.