Problem while saving the intermediate word file

Hi,
We are using Aspose dll version 3.9.0.0.
Our application generates language specific PDF’s. It is working fine for a number of languages but in Korean environment it is giving “Invalid Cast exception” while saving the doc file.
Settings we did for korean environment:
Set the regional and Language settings to korean.
Please find the attached temp.doc file . It is the intermediate word file from which PDF is generated. We are passing it as an argument of the Aspose Document Object.
Line 1: Document doc = new Document(printDocName);
Line 2: DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
Line 3: doc.Save(printDocName);
Here printDocName refers to temp.doc. It is giving exception at line 3.
Please provide the solution asap and also let us know the ETA
Thanks,
Samanvay

Hello Samanvay,
Could you please explain the problem that you are facing. I am not sure either you are facing problem while generating the word file or converting the word file into Pdf.
Beside this, I have set my Regional languages to Korean and have tried converting the attached word file into Pdf, and I am unable to reproduce the problem. There have been some formatting issues that we are investigating.
FYI, I have used Aspose.Pdf 3.9.0.0 and Aspose.Words 6.0.1.0

Hi Samanvay,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Would you please let us know if the exception was thrown by Aspose.Words or Aspose.Pdf? I have tested it and can’t reproduce the error at my end. However, I found format issue in the conversion. I have logged it as PDFNET-7304 in our defect tracking system. We will try our best to fix it ASAP.

Best regards.

Hi ,
we are using Aspose PDF dll version 3.9.0.0 and Aspose word dll version 5.1.0.0.
The problem is occuring while converting the word file into Pdf. The excetption is thrown by Aspose.wrords.
The code we are using is:
Line 1: Document doc = new Document(printDocName);
Line 2: DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
Line 3: doc.Save(printDocName);
Here doc is Aspose.Words object and printDocName refers to temp.doc file we have provided in previous post.
When we run our exe in korean OS it throws Invalid Cast Exception at Line 3.
Please make sure that the OS is Korean because it is working fine in english environment.
Thanks,
Samanvay

Hi Samanvay,
The problem you are facing is related to the Aspose.Words. I’m moving this thread to the Aspose.Words forum so that Aspose.Words team could look into the issue.
We appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi
Thanks for your request. The problem does not occurs with Aspose.Words 6.0.1. So please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards.

Hi,
Thanks for the dll. We used the dll but the problem is still there. so please help…
Thanks,
Samanvay

Hi
Unfortunately, I do not have Korean windows. So I tried to install Korean language and select Korean language and regional standard. But no problems with Aspose.Words occur.
Nest regards.

Hi,
May be there are some differences in our language settings. So please find the “Steps.doc” file in the attached “Files.zip” folder to find the steps we have followed to set up the Korean environment. The zip folder also have “APP949.FO_” file please save this file as it is one of the required files to set the korean environment.
Please test the scenario in this environment.
Thanks,
Saji Koshti

Hi
Thank you for additional information. I still cannot reproduce the problem on my side.
We have released new version of Aspose.Words today. Please try using it in your environment:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Have you tried using the new method to convert your document to PDF (Without using Aspose.Pdf)?

Document doc = new Document("in.doc");
doc.SaveToPdf("aw_out.pdf");

Maybe it will work on your environment.
Best regards.