Problem with AddText method

Hi,

I have been experiencing a frustrating problem when using the AddText method;

Depending upon the exact content of the string expression I wish to write, either:-

1. The line is "chopped off" shorter than it should be, so that some text is missing; or

2. Characters/Glyphs are printed overlaying one other instead of in a consecutive sequence.

I am using a licensing version 2.7.0.0;

I will be very happy to post the Source Code and/or contents of my VB.NET solution.

Can anyone please help?

With thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Please share the code snippet and any related information with us, so we could investigate the issue at our end.

I would also suggest you to try using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit, which is 3.3.0.0.

Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

I think I may have resolved my own problem, by using the FormattedText object, and passing it to the AddText method.

However I also notice that when I open the final PDF document, using Acrobat Standard 6, the Text has been written to the document such that the Adobe Software interprets it as a Form Field, or similar.

So when I click on the rendered text, a slightly-skewed shadow image of the Text appears underneath it, and I can type my own text into the box!

This is not what I anticipated, as my project requires Read-Only documents, not the creation of PDF fields. Can you advise further?

With thanks

Robert

Hello Robert,

Please share the code snippet so that we can test the issue at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.