Problem with Aspose Barcode for Reporting Services

Hello,

I’m not sure who should I contact but we’re living technical problems with Aspose Barcode for Reporting Services. We’ve installed the component and then added it to our toolbox by pointing to dll.

Now barcode control appears in our toolbox. But whenever we try to add a barcode control to page, we get an error saying:

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual Studio

The method or operation is not implemented.

OK

This message was posted using Email2Forum by salman.sarfraz.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you please post the following config files:

1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config
  2. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQLServer\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rssrvpolicy.config
  3. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\RSReportDesigner.config
  4. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\RSPreviewPolicy.config

The install path may be different on your system. You can also make sure that they are edited as mentioned at http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.barcode-for-reporting-services/install-manually.html and http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.barcode-for-reporting-services/visual-studio-configuration.html

Hello Saqib,

Thanks for the reply. After your post, I’ve checked config files against the documentation you mentioned. I found that, required Aspose-related tags are repeated more than once (4 times) in that files (in VS files. SQLServer files were ok). I cleared 3 of them and one instance remained which was the same with the words in the documentation.

After this I restarted Visual Studio. Now I get another error when I drag-drop barcode control. The error is:

Microsoft Visual Studio
The type initializer for ‘Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.BarCodeReportItemDesigner’ threw an exception.
OK
Could you please help? Also please note that I have copied the license file to required directory. One more note: My SQL Server Reporting Services instance is not installed on the same computer with Visual Studio. I’ve also installed it on Server too. However I don’t think this issue is related with this, I wanted to note this.

I’m also sending the config files. VS config files are from my computer, and SSRS config files are from server.

Waiting for your response,

Best,
Ali

Hello,

I would like to know what's the version of your sql server and visual studio.

Thanks

Hi,

Visual Studio version is Visual Studio 2005 Profiessional Edition v8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600).

SQL Server version is Microsoft SQL Server 2005 v9.0.3042

SELECT @@VERSION result:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3042.00 (Intel X86)
Feb 9 2007 22:47:07
Copyright © 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation
Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Hope these are enough…

Waiting for response,

Best,
Ali

No one can help??

Ali

Hello,

Please try the latest version of Aspose.BarCode, thanks.

Thank you very much.

Hello,

I’ve replaced the dlls with the one you’ve sent. But nothing changed.
First I overwrite two dll files in the locations below:

1. c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll

2. c:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services\Bin\SSRS2005\Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll

Then I opened Visual Studio and then my project. Then removed the barcode control from toolbox and re-added it by pointing to the dll.

When I drag-drop control on the report, I still get the same error: "The type initializer for ‘Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.BarCodeReportItemDesigner’ threw an exception."

Thanks for your support. I’m again waiting for your further help. This component is a “must” on this project. We purchased one copy for this project and we’ll purchase one more for another project soon. But we have to make it work as soon as we can. Managers waiting to see the magic lines on the reports :slight_smile:

Best,
Ali

Hello,

Thanks for the information.

1. Could you please tell me what's your OS version. x64 or x86 system? Therefore, we can setup an environment for testing.

2. Do you have ever tried on other development machine? All of the machine have such problem?

3. Could you please tell me your email address? Therefore, our support engineer will contact you on email. Please send email to me. guangzhou###aspsose.com

Best regards

Could you please try to open the project attached. I created a report file which contains a barcode. Pleases open this project, to see if you can see the barcode on the report.

Thanks,

Hello,

I’ve responded through e-mail. Please let me know if you do not receive my e-mail…

Best,
Ali

Please try the latest version of Aspose.BarCode, thanks.

Thanks