Problem with AutoFilter on formulas

Hi,

I use an existing excel workbook, which has an active auto filter. The auto filter works on the formula in column D, which in turn tests the values in column C for a certain text.
(see attached auto_filter_scaffold.xlsx)

The sheet is filled new data. Afterwards all formulas are calculateed (workbook.calculateFormula()) and the auto filter refreshed (sheet.getAutoFilter().refresh()).

Opening the workbook in excel the auto filter does not work and shows also not matching rows. I need to open the filter dialog and press ok.
(see attached auto_filter_filled.xlsx)

The auto filter works, when I omit the formulas. Also the formulas are correctly calculated (I printed them before saving).

Is this a known issue or are any additional calls to perform (like calculateFormula etc).

I am using aspose-cells-8.3.2.4

Thank you very much!

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and some details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using the following sample code with your template file. I found opening the output workbook into MS Excel, the auto-filters do not work and do not show matching rows, I need to open the filters dialog of any column to click OK to make it work.
e.g
Sample code:

String filePath = “auto_filter_filled.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.calculateFormula();

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);

worksheet.getAutoFilter().refresh();

workbook.save(“out1.xlsx”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41369” for your issue. We will investigate if this is an issue with the product or you need to call specific API or some procedure to make it work via Aspose.Cells APIs.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Amja,

are there any news on this topic?

Best regards,
Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have checked your issue status from our database and found your issue is fixed. We will provide you a fix in couple of days hopefully before the end of this week. Once, the fix is available for you, we will update you asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41369) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.