Problem with Content Control (dropdown selector)

Hi,

I am trying to upload a word doc having content control (dropdown selector) within word doc. I upload this word content to our system and user try to download it again then dropdown list do not work, while clicking on dropdown and select any option its saying “Choose an item”. I am attaching a screen shot which will help you to understand my problem.

Is there any issue with the old version of word doc extension??

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your inquiry. The problem occurs because drop down list content controls (StructuredDocumentTags) are not supported by earlier versions of Microsoft Word e.g. DOC format. In this case the content controls in DOCX file will be converted to static text content in output DOC. So, this is the expected behaviour. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Thanks for your reply!!

Is there any way we can resolve this issue??

“content controls in DOCX file will be converted to static text content in output DOC” Can we do something by which content output in Docx instead of DOC file??

Please reply me asap.
Thanks in advance.

Just to clarify that I am trying to upload working Docx file not Doc file. after Downloading it is giving me Docx file but content control inside it not working.

Regards,
Tarun Sood

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for the additional information. Could you please attach your input/output Word documents here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!!

I am attaching 2 files, one with _upload and another with _downloaded name. I am trying to upload (Checklist 15 year exemption_upload) this file to our system and then downloading it and getting (Checklist 15 year exemption_downloaded) this file in which content control not working.

Please let me know if you required any other information.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The problem occurs because you're using a very old version of Aspose.Words i.e. 9.4.0. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET (13.7.0). You can download it from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

Please also read the articles mentioned in the following link on migrating to latest versions:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Migrating+from+Earlier+Versions+of+Aspose.Words

Moreover, I have attached the output document that is produced on my side here for your reference.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,