Problem with conversions

Hi, I found some in accuracies with converting the following document to PDF.

Please note the layout changes (many changes that are mentioned in the report are not really changes).

[Compare Report] Aspose Conversion Output Example.pdf (2.7 MB)
files.zip (398.9 KB)

@dorgoldi The problem might occur, because the fonts used in your original document are not available in the environment where document conversion is performed. To build document layout the fonts are required. If Aspose.Words cannot find the font used in the document, the font is substituted. This might lead into fonts mismatch and document layout differences. You can implement IWarningCallback to get notifications when font substitution is performed.

While conversion your documents to PDF I have got the following warnings:

Font 'Guttman David' has not been found. Using 'Arial' font instead.
Font 'Noto Sans Symbols' has not been found. Using 'Calibri' font instead.

Also, to get more acurate result in your case you need to enable open type features:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz.HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

This code gives me an accurate result of conversion on my side.

Hi @alexey.noskov, thanks.

I’ve added that line (TextSharper) but it didn’t really change much. Still first document results in 2 pages while it is originally only one. I’m also not getting the warnings you have mentioned.

Do you have any other suggestions?

@dorgoldi As I can see none of the attached document does not have one page on my side neither in MS Word not in Aspose.Words output. Could you please attach the problematic document along with the output PDF documents produced by Aspose.Words and MS Word on your side?

PS: File names in the archive are damaged, please rename the files like 1.docxN.docx so we can refer to them by file name.

@alexey.noskov I’m attaching the subject word file - “1.docx”
1.docx (35.3 KB)

when converting with MS-Word it stays 1 page
when converting with Aspose it results in 2 pages

both output files are attached

1-word.pdf (85.3 KB)
1-aspose.pdf (41.6 KB)

@dorgoldi Thank you for additional information. I have managed to reproduce the problem on my side and logged it as WORDSNET-24394. We will keep you updated and let you know once issue is resolved or we have more information for you.
I have not detected the problem earlier because MS Word also shows 2 pages if Hebrew language is not added in the authoring languages list. Once it is added and MS Word is restarted, one page is rendered as expected.

Hi,

Is there any update regarding the above-mentioned issue?

I have found additional problems in conversions

@dorgoldi Unfortunately the issue is still under analysis by our development team. If you have found other problems please feel free to describe them and upload problematic documents here. We will check them and provide you more information.

Are there any updates? it has been almost 5 months now

Nothing is being fixed

@dorgoldi The issue is scheduled for development it is planned to fix it before 23.3 (March 2023) release. We will be sure to keep you updated and let you know once the fix is available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-24394) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.3 update also available on NuGet.