Problem with custom embedded fonts rendering

Hello,

I’m having problems with rendering of slides when custom fonts are attached. The problem exists when I first export a slide to another presentation and then generate a thumbnail. When I run the code a couple of times, I get different thumbnails of the very same slide (most of them broken). I’ve created a small test app, to observe the issue you need to embed a custom font in the presentation.

using Aspose.Slides;
using System;

namespace Aspose.NewVersionTest
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.Out.WriteLine(“Opening presentation”);
using (Presentation pres = new Presentation(…path to presentation…))
{
for (int i = 0; i < 50; i++)
SplitSlides(pres);
}
Console.Out.WriteLine(“Done”);
}

private static void SplitSlides(Presentation sourcePresentation)
    {
        for (var slideNumber = 0; slideNumber < sourcePresentation.Slides.Count; slideNumber++)
        {
            var id = DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString();
            Console.Out.WriteLine($"Generating slide {id}");
            using (var resultPresentation = new Presentation())
            {
                var sourceSlide = sourcePresentation.Slides[slideNumber];

var sourceMasterSlide = sourceSlide.LayoutSlide.MasterSlide;
                resultPresentation.Masters.AddClone(sourceMasterSlide);

resultPresentation.Slides.AddClone(sourceSlide);
                resultPresentation.Slides.RemoveAt(0);

resultPresentation.Save(...path to exported slide..., Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);
            }
            using (Presentation resultPresentation = new Presentation(...path to presentation...))
            {
                Console.Out.WriteLine($"Generating image for slide {id}");
                var slide = resultPresentation.Slides[0];
                var image = slide.GetThumbnail(1f, 1f);
                image.Save(string.Format(...path to image..., System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Png);
            }
        }
    }
}

}

@tdolot,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share sample project, source presentation and generated result so that we may further investigate to help you out. Also please share which Aspose.Slides version you are using on your end.

Presentation.zip (2.0 MB)

I’m sending the source presentation and a couple of results (they’re quite big due to attached font, so there are just a couple of them in the attachment). The version I’m using is 17.8.0. I’ve tried previous versions and the results are similar. I only see a difference on v16.* - fonts are better, but slide’s cloning affects result slide’s layout.

Thanks for help!

@tdolot,

We are investigating the issue on our end based on shared information and will get back to you with a feedback as soon as possible.

@tdolot,

I have worked with source code and presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.8 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39352 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

Thanks for help, now I know where the problem is. Anyway, when can I expect a bugfix for the problem? Will it take days, weeks, months? Unfortunately, it’s a pretty vital issue that holds us my company with a project.

@tdolot,

I like to mention that the issue has just recently been added in our issue tracking system and is pending for investigation in issues queue. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

@tdolot,

I like to inform that we have investigated issue with different environment configuration (.NET 2, .NET 3.5, .NET4.6, .NET4 Client Profile) and different platforms (x86, x64) using version, 17.12 version and 17.8 version - and still can’t repdrouce the issue, so it looks like the problem is in environment configuration. Can you please let us know the following information about your environment:

1. OS
  2. List of installed fonts
  3. Installed versions of .NET Frameworks

Also, did you able to reproduce exactly the same problem - your resulting thumbnails is sometimes broken, and sometimes not, or you always getting broken thumbnails?