Problem with dll

Hi all,

i need some help with working ASPOSE and VS 2010 window form application together. I used the Aspose.Cells.dll. I added reference to it in my project. But in my code-behind, there's error at the import aspose.cells whenever i tried to build the project. Am i using the right dll or did i missed some steps. Novice programmer here.

Can any kind soul help me out on this?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please feel free to ask us any questions, we will be glad to assist you.

There are separate dlls for client profile and regular .net framework versions.

If you are not using client profile .net framework and using regular .net framework, then please use the DLL under the directory “net2.0” and not “net3.5_ClientProfile”.

And also check the readme.txt under the directory
“Bin”.

See the following image for more help.

Hi,

i did use the aspose.cells.dll from net2.0. However, i still cant import aspose.net. When try to create a workbook it gives a "Type "Aspose.cells.workbook" is not defined". Im not sure if im explaining myself correctly here. Maybe the ASPONE admin can attached a sample winform application with aspose for importing data from excel to database for reference. Appreciate any help rendered! :)

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download the sample test project, it imports the data from datatable into worksheet. It uses the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.0.

You can modify the button click event according to your needs.

Please also see the following article how to export Ms-Excel data into database.

Hi,

im sorry. can you attached a sample test that's written in vb instead of c# as my machine do not have some of the componenets installed. Many Thanks! Appreciate your help! :)

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

Please find the attached example in VB as you requested. Please let us know if we can be of additional help to you.