Problem with Document with Protected Regions

Hello there,

I am using Aspose.Words for manipulating word documents, and I have come across a weird behavior when dealing with documents that have protected regions.

What happens is that I have a document that has protected regions. Some of it is editable, other parts are protected. I open it with Aspose.Words (version 10) and then save it using document.Save(newFileName). I don’t do anything else with the document. Just open and save as a different file.

The resulting document is protected. But not just some regions, like on the original… All of the document has now become protected and I cannot edit it any longer.

I’m sending you as an attachment the document I’m using. It’s a template for a fax. If you try to edit the header, or enter some text on the left box (left cell of the table below) you cannot. But if you write near the word Fax it’s ok. After I open and then save with Aspose.Words, I can no longer edit any part of the document.

Is there any way to prevent this ? Any options when saving ? Any workaround ?

Thanks,

Joao Maia

Hi Roman,
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support protection of selected ranges. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once this feature is supported.
Best regards,