Problem with Email Headers and Drafts

Hi,

I can create an email using MailMessage and add a Customer Header to it, I can then have SmtpClient send this email so that when I read the email again using the ExchangeClient FetchMessage Class I can reread that same header again, this appears to work fine.

However, if in the first instance I create an email then save as DRAFT status using MapiMessage.SetMessageFlags(MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNSENT) and then save this email to file as a .MSG file, reopen and send, I can see the email in my inbox and if I use Outlook to view the headers I can see my custom headers, but this customer header is missing if I read the email using ExchangeClient.FetchMessage?

My question is, how do I go about reading these custom headers that I can view with regular outlook when the email was generated as a Draft and sent manually?

Attached is a demo app.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the sample application. I will look into it and will get back to you shortly.

Hi,

I have reproduced the bug at my end and also logged it in our issue tracking system (ID: 17952). We will inform you as soon as it gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

We analyzed the issue further and found out that Exchange Server rewrites all the internet headers when the email is saved as draft and sent via Outlook.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17952) have been fixed in [this update ](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/default.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.