Problem with formulas that reference another sheet

Hi Laurence,

If I define 2 formulas, for example,

On Sheet1 =COUNT(A2:A5)

On Sheet2 =COUNT(Sheet1!A2:A5)

when I add/remove columns and rows on sheet 1 the formula on sheet 1 is being updated but the formula on sheet 2 is being left as it is.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

Hi David,

For performance consideration, now adding/deleting row/column only update reference for the first case but not for the second case.

Laurence,

Is there any change you could add a flag so that, if it was set, it would update all the worksheets instead of just the one being modified?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am also thinking of such an option to allow you to update all the worksheets. You will get it within one week.

Laurence,

Thanks.

David

Laurence,
Have you managed to get any further with this?
Thanks,
David

Please try this attached fix.

You can use the following sample code:

cells.InsertRows(2, 3, true); // insert 3 rows in the third row

Hi Laurence,

That works for the inserted rows. Could you add the same to DeleteRow, DeleteColumn so that formulas are updated for these as well?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

I will add them in a few days.

Hi Laurence,

Have you got any further with this?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

You will get them in one or two days. Thanks for your patience.

Hello Laurence,

would you do the same for InsertRange for that matter? Smile [:)]

However, the InsertRange "NullReferenceException" bug has higher priority for me.

Greetings - Richie

Hi Richie,

Sure I will add it for InsertRange method.

But I am confused with "InsertRange NullRefreenceException" bug. Have you reported to me before? If yes, I think it's solved.

If you still find the problem, please post you sample code and file here. Thank you.

Hi Laurence,

yes, the NullReferenceException still exists.

Check out the Test Application sent in this thread http://www.aspose.com/Community/forums/thread/54241.aspx together with the Aspose.Cells-Version that you recently implemented for me that denies BIFF7 records in the thread http://www.aspose.com/Community/forums/thread/54244.aspx.

I converted the Before.xls from the test application into a BIFF8/BIFF8X-only-format.

Greetings - Richie

Laurence,

Have you managed to get any further with this?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for considering Aspose,

Well, Mr. Laurence is sick, hopefully he will get well soon and will be back in a couple of days.

Regards,

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Amjad,

Thanks for the response.

David

Hi David,

Please try this attached fix. Now DeleteRows and InsertRange also support to update this reference.

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the fix - it works great. Are you going to be able to add the same functionality to the DeleteColumn function as well?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

Please try this attached fix. DeleteColumn method also supports this feature now.