Problem with GIF image creation in ASpose PDF Kit

Hi I am trying to create the PDF to Epub using the PDF to Image to DOC workflow.

While generating the image I set up the image format as .gif but in the output the files comes as png. Is this a bug, if yes when can we expect a fix for this? Also, will the size of the resulting gif file be smaller than the jpg file?

One more question, Do you support setting up of dpi while extracting the images?

Hi Abhishek,

I have tried to convert a PDF fie to GIF images at my end, but couldn’t notice any problem. Please try to use the latest version at your end. If you still find the same issue then please share a sample problematic input PDF file, along with the code snippet and the output image file. We’ll test the issue at our end and update you accordingly.

As far as your query regarding the size comparison of the GIF and JPEG images is concerned, it is not quite easy to say something in straight forward terms. Usually, the GIF images have less size as compared to the JPEG images; some times, you might get images in both format with same size or maybe the GIF images with more size than the JPEG. However, it depends upon the type of the contents of the PDF file you’re trying to convert to images. As a matter of fact, JPEG images provide a reasonable compromise between size and quality. Nevertheless, please try to convert the file at your end into both formats, for testing purposes, and decide which format can best suit your requirement.

Moreover, I’m afraid, currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit doesn’t support specifying the DPI while converting images; however, we have already logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-18150 in our issue tracking system to support this requirement. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,