We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problem with HTML output in new Aspose DLL

Hi,


We have tried to migrate the Aspose.Cells dll from 5.3.2.0 to 7.0.3.0 to incorporate the fixes that has been provided for the issues that have been raised.

However, we note that on picking up this version, the HTML output that is being generated in this version is getting disturbed and html tags are getting displayed rather than the actual view.

The outputs generated for both versions of the DLL are as attached.
5.3.2.0 : OutputWith532DLL.html
7.0.3.0 : OutputWith703DLL.html

Can you please let us know how we can get this issue resolved as we are in the middle of the sprint and have hit a major roadblock towards our delivery?

Thanks & Regards,
Anil

PS: We do have official license of Aspose. Please do let me know if I have to route this request through those logins for quicker response…

Hi,

Please download and try our latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.3 if it works fine.

If you still find the issue, kindly give us your source Excel file(s) or sample code on how you created the output Html file. We can log the issue if we found the issue so that we can figure it out soon.

Thank you.


Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your response
Problem posted above by Anil is probably different from what you understood. I tried the DLL provided by you and it does not help in this case.

What we are trying is following:
1) We are trying to embed some HTML in few of the Spreadsheet Cells before converting it to HTML. e.g. “
” + cell.text + "
"
2) After that we are converting it to HTML, thus getting desired style on the text of those particular cells.

Earlier it was working fine, but after upgrading to V7, the problem occurs that all HTML tags (e.g. < > etc.) are actually being converted into (< > etc.). Because of this problem, the output is showing everything in the cell text (e.g. “
” + cell.text + “
”), though what we want is to have them rendered as HTML itself.
In short, we do not want and encoding/decoding of text to happen.

Can you please quickly help us on that.

Thanks and Regards,
Yatish

Hi Yatish,


If you are inserting html tags in Excel’s worksheet cells to be parsed, you may use Cell.HtmlString property/attribute to set Html string into a cell. If you still find any issue, we need your complete sample code (or console demo application) and template Excel file(s), we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,


This is Yatish here again. Thanks for your response.
Let me explain the problem to you once again, as i believe we still have some gap on that front, as the solution suggested is still far off from the one I am looking for.

I have a spreadsheet with some data in it. I do not want to show any HTML output in it. Only when I convert it to HTML, I want to embed some more HTML tags in it just before converting, so that the HTML that I get after conversion has few additional things (HTML) than the spreadsheet. (Earlier, simply setting cell value to that tag was simply working which is not the case now).

To give you an example:
Suppose my spreadsheet has value “Amjad” in cell (1,1)
Before converting to HTML, I was setting the value as
wBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 1].Value = “
” + wBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 1].StringValue + “
”;

This used to emit correct HTML like following to me:
"<td class=x32 width=97 style=‘width:72.75pt;’>
Amjad
</td>“

Now after the updated version, I am getting following HTML which is causing the problem to me:
”<td class=x32 width=97 style=‘width:72.75pt;’><div class = ‘dummyDisableTextSelection’ style=‘display:inline;cursor:hand’> Amjad </div></td>"


I tried setting HtmlString property as suggested by you
wBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 1].HtmlString = "
" + wBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 1].StringValue + "
";

but it did not help, as it is emitting following HTML now:
"<td class=x25 width=97 style='width:72.75pt;'> Amjad </td>"


I hope my problem is clear to you now. I am not looking for any HTML embedding in Spreadsheet, rather, I am looking to embed some additional HTML in cells, just before converting spreadsheet to HTML, so that I get a converted HTML as per my requirement.

Thanks and Regards,
Yatish

Hi,

We understood your needs.

We will add an option to HtmlSaveOptions. We will check whether we need to convert html tag with it.

We have logged this issue in our database. Once we will get some update/fix, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40259.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.5
We have added HtmlSaveOptions.ParseHtmlTagInCell boolean property for your needs.
e.g

HtmlSaveOptions hso = new HtmlSaveOptions();
hso.ParseHtmlTagInCell = true/false;

book.Save("e:\\test2\\jjoutConf.html", hso);

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40259) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks a lot Anjad and Shakeel, I will give this a try.


Thanks and Regards,
Yatish