Problem with LINEST evaluation in 4.9.1.0

We are testing your new release. It is generally working well but we have found a problem with the evaluation of LINEST upon opening an Aspose-generated .XLS file.

Open the attached zipped XLS, as generated by Aspose, in Excel 2003 and unhide worksheet (FnCalls 1). Rows 7326:7330 are an input block for LINEST and rows 7331:7335 are the corresponding output block. Note that A7333 and A7334 are both zero. Now, in cell A7326 type F2, Enter, or just enter a hard 0 instead of the simple formula. You'll notice that cell A7333 changes to a 1 and cell A7334 changes to a #NUM!. These are the correct values according to Excel. They don't change back even if you undo the edits. In an XLS from the previous version of Aspose, these cells are correct immediately after opening the file.

I was under the impression that Aspose was supposed to cause Excel to recalculate the entire workbook when it's opened in Excel for the first time, but clearly that's not happening in this case.

On a potentially related note, when I try to save the XLS it warns about being from a newer version of Excel. The previous Aspose version did not do this.

Thanks,
--Howard

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file with instructions.

After an initial test, I have found an issue with formula calculation engine (of Aspose.Cells) for LINEST formulas while evaluating the values from the cells e.g A7333, A7334 in the “(FnCalls 1)” sheet.

We will soon look into your issue and get back to you soon.
I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-17231.

Thank you.

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells. We have fixed a few issues of LINEST function.

<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 />

But for the equation: y = m1x1 + m2x2 + ... + b, if one of Mi is zero, we could not get the same result (which m should be zero) as MS Excel. Please check the value of “A35:F35”, m4 is zero in MS Excel, but we got m1 as zero. We are still look into this issue. If you have any specific information about calculating equation group, please share with us. This may help us figure out the issue soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,