Problem with MailMerging and LineFeeds

Hi there
We have another problem with our mail merging system using Aspose.
We observed, that the first line feed is not beeing applied when the first character after a merge field is a table cell jump instruction.

On the left ist the template and on the right the final document.
As you can see, only in the Cell “Lernziele”, the line feeds are applied appropriatly. In all other cells, the first line feed ist beeing ignored for some reason we do not understand. This is, because I inserted another paragraph at the end of the “Skills” field. Otherwise the first line feed would not have been applied as well within this field “Skills”.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Beste regards

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the input/output documents and code. Please create a simple application (for example a Console Application Project) that helps us reproduce the same problem on our end and attach it here for testing. As soon as you get these pieces of information to us, we’ll start our investigation into your issue and provide more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Ok, I sent you a rar file containing a VS 2012 Sample Project. The used Template and the result are in the bin/debug folder. You will see that the line breaks are rather randomly applied, somethings yes, sometimes no. In the source file you will see that the input for each field is always the same. For the field DAUER only the first line is beeing shown…

Best regards

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the additional information. Your template document has many revisions; the problem does not seem to be occurring when accepting all tracked changes in this template document prior performing a MailMerge operation as follows:

Document Doc = new Document("BabsTemplate.dot");
Doc.AcceptAllRevisions();
Doc.TrackRevisions = false;
Doc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(Set);
Doc.Save("output.docx", SaveFormat.Docx);

I have attached the output Word document here for your reference. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,