Problem with Microsoft.Bcl BCL 1.1.6 and Aspose.Imaging 2.10

Hi Aspose.Imaging Team.

10 hours later diffing changesets and trying them by divide an conquer (integration tests didn’t well there… see later post)

After upgrading Aspose.Imaging 1.9 to 2.1
Windows Workflow has stopped to working:

System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: 'Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Assembly references and imported namespaces for internal implementation'.' Line number '1' and line position '135'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

It seems to be a problem that you are using something from the targeting pack and that your assembly isn't anymore .net 4.0 compatible.

Machines that are building our application with 4.5 installed generate wrong mscorelib redirects using 2.1.

With 1.9 everything is fine.

Steps to reproduce:

use machine with 4.5 installed to compile this application:

Project with Aspose.Imaging 2.1
Latest BCL (all of them you will find on nuget, is the easiest way to reproduce, i cant diff there with out spending another 10 hours)
Workflow xaml as CustomTool: MSBuild:Compile and BuildAction XamlAppdef
Build the project

Copy to machine with only .net 4.0 installed (4.0.3 will also fit as i've seen)

Invoke the Workflow via Activator and schedule it

Now will get this error.

happy reproduce, this one cost me about 10 hours to get

thanks in advance

thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting support, and bringing this issue to our knowledge. I have logged an investigative ticket (IMAGING-33937) in our bug tracking system to look further into your presented scenario. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause on our end. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Thomas,

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for a delayed response, and thank you for you patience with us.

We were unable to verify your presented scenario with latest version of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.2.0, and we also believe that the said problem could be due to any third party component integrated in your project. I would request you to please download the latest version of the API (link shared above) to see if you still can reproduce the said problem.

In case the problem persists, please provide us a runnable sample application reproducing the issue while using Aspose.Imaging API in your application. This is important to isolate the problem as on the part of Aspose.Imaging component in order to move further for rectification.

Thank you again for your cooperation and understanding.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.