Problem with online demo

I’m trying the demos at http://www.aspose.com/demos/aspose.cells/northwind.aspx and am running into a problem. For example, when I click on the first demo, Alphabetical List of Products, I’m prompted with an Open/Save dialog box, which I would expect. After clicking open, however, Excel warns me that, “The file you are trying to open, ‘northwind.aspx’, is in a different format than specified by the file extension. . . .” Why is it not recognizing the correct file name? I don’t want to ask my company to spend several thousand dollars on these products if they can’t correctly handle something like this. Please advise.

Thanks,

David

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, I think you have installed MS Excel 2007 on the client system and this info message is occured. If you could have any version (MS Excel 97-2003) only on the system, this message would not occur any more.

Thank you.

Hi David,

Well, you can always use the following line of code to open the resultant file into MS Excel (97-2007) without genreating the info error any more:

workbook.Save("Book1.xls", FileFormatType.Default,SaveType.OpenInExcel,System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response);

Thank you.

Amjad Sahi:

Well, you can always use the following line of code to open the resultant file into MS Excel (97-2007) without genreating the info error any more:

workbook.Save("Book1.xls", FileFormatType.Default,SaveType.OpenInExcel,System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response);

These are the demos on your website that I'm talking about. Are you saying that your demo doesn't use that line of code and that's why it does that? If so, why wouldn't you use that in your demo?

Amjad Sahi:

Well, I think you have installed MS Excel 2007 on the client system and this info message is occured. If you could have any version (MS Excel 97-2003) only on the system, this message would not occur any more.

I can't control what the clients have installed on their computers. They may be Mac or PC, they may have XP or Vista, they may have any version of Office, or something like OpenOffice. Will this product work under all of those conditions or are there restrictions on which OS/Browser/Software combinations will work?

Thanks,

David

Hi,

These are the demos on your website that I'm talking about. Are you saying that your demo doesn't use that line of code and that's why it does that? If so, why wouldn't you use that in your demo?

Actually we provide two ways of retrieving / opening the resutant file i.e., OpenInExcel and OpenInBrowser. The demos you are talking about uses the lines as:

workbook.Save("Book1.xls", SaveType.OpenInBrowser, FileFormatType.Default, this.Response);

Now Take a look and try these demos:

and you will notice that these demos will work fine without generating any info message as these demos use the following line as e.g…, :

I can't control what the clients have installed on their computers. They may be Mac or PC, they may have XP or Vista, they may have any version of Office, or something like OpenOffice. Will this product work under all of those conditions or are there restrictions on which OS/Browser/Software combinations will work?

Well, don't worry you don't need to control that any longer. Yes, surely, Aspose.Cells work fine without any issue and there is no restriction related OS, BrowserType or softwares what so ever.

Thank you.

Great! Thanks for the clarifications, Amjad.

-David