Problem with postscript-fonts

Hi,
we semm to have a problem, converting word-files to pdf.
The files have a postscript-font included (Handel Gothic Light/Medium), where the true-type-font is named different (HandelGotDCELig).
It looks like Aspose tries to find the corresponding truetype-font to the postscript-font and cannot find it because of the different name. As a default, Times new roman is chosen. Several of our customers noew have complained about the result looking different to the original.
Is there a chance for a fix, or a workaround to avoid this problem?

kind regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document, the postscript-font file and output Pdf document showing the undesired behavior here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

here is a zip file containing the word-document with the ps-font.The generated pdf-file with the default-font TimesNewRoman, and the ps-font itself.

kind regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the additional information. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9550. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for being patient.

The fonts you attached were actually in Type1 format and they are unfortunately not supported by Aspose.Words at all. You can either find and use a TrueType/OpenType alternative to the Type1 font or convert your fonts to TrueType or OpenType format so that Aspose.Words could use them.

There are online font converters such as https://products.aspose.app/words/conversion. Also free ADFKO tool or FontForge font editor could be used.

Also, I would suggest you please read the following article for more details:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/using-truetype-fonts/

Best regards,

Hi,
sorry to bother again, but missing fonts (or fonts, that cannot be converted) are becoming a serious problem for us and our customers.
Please have a look at the provided zip-file. It contains a doc-file with the embeded font (typef6b5) Typeface-sixtpfive. Please look at the last line in the word-file(Typeface-SixTPFIVE (PFB)).
The doc-file has the font embedded, but the resulting pdf-file does not use this font.
Is this the same problem, as mentioned above (fonts type 1)? If so, any chance that Aspose will be able to handle this in the near future? Our customer needs his fonts in the resulting pdfs, any advice for us?

kind regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10267. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Oliver

Thanks for being patient.

These issues are more complex than we initially estimated. We regret to share with you that these issues have been postponed till a later date. The problems occur because your fonts are actually in Type1 format and they are unfortunately not supported by Aspose.Words at all. You can either find and use a TrueType/OpenType alternative to the Type1 font or convert your fonts to TrueType or OpenType format so that Aspose.Words could use them.

There are online font converters such as https://products.aspose.app/words/conversion Also free ADFKO tool or FontForge font editor could be used.

Rest assured, we will notify you via this thread as soon as these issues are resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,