Problem with powerpoint master slide image

Hi there,

we’re experiencing a problem with an image that is part of a powerpoint master slide. Test environments are Windows 7 and SLES 10. Both Java 7. Image is converted just fine on Windows, not at all on SLES 10.

I created a small test utility:

public class RenditionTest {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
String lic = “…”;
License license = new License();
license.setLicense(new ByteArrayInputStream(lic.getBytes(“UTF-8”)));
InputStream fileInputStream = RenditionTest.class.getResourceAsStream(“original.ppt”);
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(fileInputStream);
presentation.save(new FileOutputStream(new File(“output.pdf”)), SaveFormat.Pdf);
}
}

Just opens the powerpoint (attached as well) and saves it as PDF. The version used in that utility is Aspose.Slides 7.8.0. Also checked with 8.4.0, but ouput pdf attachments are from 7.8.0. Both versions have the same (visual) results.

Furthermore when using this snippet as part of our main application (EJB application which is running in Glassfish 3.1.2.2) the image is not converted on both systems.

Kind regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe two issues. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34281 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the missing master image at footer in generated PDF. A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34282 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the improper bullets rendering on slide 2. This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Tim,

We are investigating the issue shared by you on our end. Can you please share the JDK version with us as well that you are using on your end to reproduce the issue specified.

Many Thanks,

Hi Tim,

We have investigated the issue SLIDESJAVA-34282 on our end. The improperly rendered bullets on slide 2 are owing to missing Wingdings font on your end and bullets font in presentation is Wingdings. Please install Wingdings font and check this issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

bullets are rendered fine after I installed the missing font.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your feedback for issue SLIDESJAVA-34282. We will also share the feedback for issue SLIDESJAVA-34281 as well as soon as it will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34282) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34281) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi there,

the issue still remains with version 8.6.0 on SLES 10.

Kind regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

I have observed the comments shared by you and request you to please share which issue you are still reproducing on your end as there are two issues assocaited with this thread. Please also try using Apose.Slides for Java 8.7.0 and Aspose.Slides for Java 14.5.0 as well on your end first please.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

it was regarding SLIDESJAVA-34281 which was supposed to be fixed in 8.6.0. In my small test it didn’t. However versions 8.7.0 and 14.5.0 are working.

Can you explain to me the two versions now? - Is version 8.x running out and why? - Whats different with version 14.x?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

This is great news that latest Aspose.Slides for Java 8.7.0 and 14.5.0 are working on your end. The 8.x.x series is legacy series API and 14.x.x is new API. The legacy API will be phased out by end of next month as we will only maintain both legacy and new API for a period of 3 months together so that our worthy clients may have smooth transition from legacy to new API. Therefore, I suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 14.x.x API on your end.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

does this concern all Aspose.Java products or only Aspose.Slides? - If so, are there migration guides (if migration is necessary)?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

No, we have only shared the new merged Aspose.Slides for Java API. We have also maintained a documentation section for getting started with migration from old to new API. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,