Problem with saving ms doc with footnote to pdf

Hi,
Could you help me? I am facing a problem with your AppendDocument function when joining multiple documents and saving the result to the pdf file. The problem occurs when I add a footnote in the first MS doc file. This results in correct merge but when I export the result to the pdf it has hard page breaks in places where doc files where appended. I do not expect any page breaks there.
I’m using Aspose.Words v18.2.0.

thanks
Aleksandra

@awychow,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document
  • Aspose.Words generated output DOCX document showing the correct output
  • Aspose.Words generated output PDF file showing the undesired behavior
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,
please find attached the example files.

thank in advance
Aleksandra :slight_smile:

@awychow,

I am afraid, I do still not see any attachments in this thread. Please ZIP and upload the required resources here for testing.

Alternatively, you can upload the ZIP file to Dropbox and share the download link here for testing.

Hi,
Here is my project:
https://doc-00-2o-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ja8m4m0vvon08amkoc39lh1qhv0kqvsi/0dtotiq2lrs6s224e9b6omr0llm5b5br/1522317600000/15947987046722530197/15947987046722530197/1LGESb-u8qzySNaGJtVEh-dH_PQ0xLF7V?e=download

best regards

@awychow,

But, when I click on your link, it takes me to the page showing the following error:

Access to doc-00-2o-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied
You don’t have authorization to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403

Please upload the ZIP file to Dropbox and share the download link here for testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gaujpxvzvjteajb/AsposeTest.zip?dl=0

@awychow,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16663. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,
Could you tell me what is this case status?
best regards

@awychow,

I am afraid, because of complexity, the implementation of this issue has been postponed till a later date (no estimates are available at the moment). We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16663) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.