Problem with saving Workbook(FileFormatType.Xlsx) as Xls

We don't know in advance whether we'll need an Xls or an Xlsx workbook. For example, we might end up needing more columns or rows than fit in an Xls. According to some other posts and correspondance, I changed:

wb=new Workbook();

to

wb=new Workbook(FileFormatType.Xlsx);

I was under the impression that I could decide at save-time which format to use. In this case, I am always saving as Excel97To2003.

In the attached files, Portfolio Balancing Good was made with the first call and Portfolio Balancing Bad was made with the second call. There were no other changes to the code. You can see that the Bad file has numerous #NAME? errors. Apparently, function names are not being correctly saved in the XLS. If you look at cell Controller!B6, for example, you see that the call to sum appears in lowercase. If you F2/Enter in that cell, the #NAME? error is corrected and SUM now appears in uppercase.

While we can live with making only smaller files for now, we anxiously await the ability to have our sheets exceed XLS limits.

Regards,
--Howard

Hi,

Well, I think you may try to use Workbook.SaveOptions.SaveFormat …attribute explicitly to set your desired format type before saving the excel file. And, at the start you may always define your workbook as:
Workbook wb=new Workbook();

By the way which version of the product you are using?

Thank you.

Sorry, we're using 5.0.0.11.

So you're saying that if I use new Workbook() then I can make formulas that reference rows >65K and as long as I save as an XLSX that will work correctly? I have had trouble with formulas in large sheets and have not been able to get them to work yet.

Right now, I use Save(name, format) with format being either Excel97To2003 or Xlsx. Should I set the SaveFormat as well? I don't see SaveFormat documented under SaveOptions members.

--Howard

Hi

After further analysis of your issue, we found the issue is caused by some formulas such as,
=”sum(A1:B1)”, the function name is in lower case.

I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSNET-18489.

We will figure it out soon and let you know about it.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have resolved your issue.
Kindly give us your feedback if the issue is resolved now.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18489) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.