Problem with trial software

Only getting back one (1) row with trial software. Is this the expected behavior for your trial license?

Hi,

No, it should not be that kind of behavior when using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services (e.g v1.9.0) without a license.

Could you attach your sample RDL file and exported Excel file here, also attach SSRS rendering or your expected Excel file. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Look at hidden tabs. I would expect that they would support the dataset from SSRS. On the visible tabs, I had planned to have pivot tables pointing to the two (2) hidden tables…

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sonny

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please also provide us these 2 files to investigate this issue further.

1 - RDL
2 - Xls built-in export by SSRS engine.

We will look into your issue soon and help you asap.

Please also check the Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services documentation topic for more help.

this is the rdl published to report server via aspose client.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us your RDL file and considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please spare us some time to look into this issue. We have logged your issue in our database for investigation.

Once, we will have some update/solution for you, we will share it with you asap.

This issue has been logged as : SSRS-40093.

We also wish you a happy 2013 year. :slight_smile:

The link associated the my ticket number is not working.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

The links are private and for our own internal communication with developers, so you cannot access it.

Latest Download Version Link:

We have checked your provided report define file.

We have found that you have not defined table report at your report define file.

Please refer to the following document.

Yes, there is a table. Look for hidden worksheets. I have two (2) hidden worksheets -- each containing a table used by the two (2) visible pivot reports.

I need a resolution quickly, so that I can make a final decision about whether or not to purchase your product or your competitor's.

Hi,

We have checked your provided report define file and found the issues.

Please try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.9.0.15 and refer to the following operaters to meet your needs.

1. Reinstall the latest version.
    1. Open your report define file in Excel.
    1. Unhide two worksheets.
    1. Convert to range for Table1_Direct and Table2_AssAff
  • (see sc1)
    1. New name
  • (see sc2)
    1. Set attribute (click the set attribute button at Aspose.Cells tools )
  • (see sc3)

You need to set two table report items through set attribute function.

1. Click modify attribute button and check table report item.
  • (see sc4)
    1. Change pivot table data source for two pivot tables.
  • (see sc5)
    1. Hide the two worksheets
    1. Save and publish report define file.

We have attached the updated report define file and output Excel rendering.

Please check and refer to it.

By the way, we updated data source and data set query for testing in your provided report define file.

Please let us know your run result.

If you still face the issues, please post your report file here.

We will check it ASAP.

Okay. We are getting closer. Unfortunately, it continues to have a problem. I will attach the output for your review. Take a look at the Named ranges: they get updated to start at cell A2, not A1. When I publish ther RDL to the server, the named ranges are set to begin at A1 (a header row); however, once I render the report to XLSX, the named ranges get updated to start at A2 (which is not a header row).

Hi,

Please post your updated report define file here.

We will check it ASAP.

Thank you.

Here is the RDL.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample RDL file.

We have logged it to attach with your issue “SSRS-40093”. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have checked your provided report define file. It is OK to us.

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services updates the named ranges for pivot table data source on basis of rendering table data.

Thank you.

Your response does not make sense to me. Didn't you see the error message I provided?

Here is how I understand the situation.

1. I create a named range, so that your product can provide my SSRS report's result set as a list.
  2. I have a pivot table designed and associated to that named range.
  3. I render the report via Aspose. It is changing my named range to NOT include the header row.
  4. My pivot table no longer works, because its associated named range does not have a header row. This results in an ERROR.

So, help me out here. What part of this scenario is working per specifications?

I need a solution quickly, so that I can determine once and for all if I will recommend this product for purchase.

Thank you,

Sonny

Hi,

We have checked further. But we did find error information when we tested your provided report at our end.

We think that you only updated the fixed version on your PC/machine and did not update the fixed version at your server.

Could you please try installing the latest version/fix: v1.9.0.16. And tell us your run result.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40093) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.