Format issues with Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

Hi,

I am currently evaluating Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services. I have the instalation on my server and I've tried to export a few previously designed SSRS reports using the extension. I have some formatting issues. Any idea how these can be cleared up (hopefully without having to edit and restesting all production reports)?

Our main interest in this custom renderer is to overcome SSRS R2's limitation of only .XLS (and thus 64k rows).

Pictures included showing the results of rendering the exact same rdl file in the native and aspose renderers.

Thanks

Bunmi

Hi,

Could you try the attached latest fix/version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services for SSRS2008 R2, if it makes any difference.

If you still find the issue, kindly attach a sample RDL file and exported Excel file(s). Also attach your expected Excel file(s) here, we will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. This latest version seems to have resolved the formatting issues I found but introduced a new one. The year is being formatted with quotes thats making it displayed as flat text, please view attachment.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for using your latest fix/version and providing us your feedback.

We are sorry that you still find the issue regarding DateTime value. Could you attach a sample RDL file and exported Excel file(s) here. Also attach your expected Excel file(s) here, we will look into your issue soon.

thank you.

Hi,

We have looked your issue a bit. Please check the report item formatting options.

e.g.

Try updating formatting options from mmmm dd “yyyy” to mmmm dd, yyyy. Let us know if it works fine now.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I have attached a sample .rdl file to illustrate. I think the problem lies with the way parameters are processed for value. In the RDL, once you select a date value in the first parameter or type a string convertible to a date in the other parameter, SSRS successfully displays the correct date in the preview and exports it correctly into excel. The Aspose renderer gives 3 different outputs in the export -none of which is correct.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample report define file.

I have now logged a ticket with an id “SSRS-40092” for your issue. We will soon look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have found the issues and fixed them.

Please try the fixed version (attached): Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.9.0.12 (SSRS2008R2).

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder : ${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Please let us know run result.

Thank you.

Thanks for the support Amjad. Works perfect now.

bakin9:
Thanks for the support Amjad. Works perfect now.

Hi,

Thanks for appreciation. We wish you a great 2013 year.

We have also attached the MSI file for your reference: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.9.0.12 (MSI) for direct installation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40092) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.